Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 10:58 am
@BillRM,
Well as long as you keep challenging God's authority there is no hope for you to ever escape the lake.
ehBeth

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 11:04 am
@Squeakybro,
That will not be your decision.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 11:14 am
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Well as long as you keep challenging God's authority there is no hope for you to ever escape the lake.

So your are a spokesperson for this god?

How nice for you.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 11:36 am
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Again God created us. God can do ANYTHING He wants to do to us. And because of your arrogant pride your going to help the devil send many to the lake of fire. Because all those who DONT worship God will go into the lake.

If God can do ANYTHING he wants to do to us, and many of us end up in the lake of fire... how does that not make God a cruel bully? You can't really blame Satan any more than God. If God has the ultimate power to throw people into the lake of fire, then He bears the responsibility.

Quote:
And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.

My kids don't fear me (nor do I want them to). I have a respectful relationship with my children. They listen to me (usually) because they know I care about them. I don't need to torture them, or threaten to torture them to get them to do what I think is best.

Under what circumstances would you throw your children (or anyone else's) into a lake of fire?

Just because God has the power to do this doesn't make throwing people into a lake of fire right.
maxdancona

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 11:54 am
@maxdancona,
God is also unfair in the arbitrariness of the rules he sets. We were created with a sexual drive, something that was important for the propagation of the species. Humans naturally enjoy sex.

When two adults choose to enjoy sex together, it is no one's business but their own. It doesn't hurt anyone (especially in this modern age of information birth control).

Why is God so obsessed with how humans have sex? And, this is just one of the ways God seems to keep human beings from enjoying the gift of life.

Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 12:07 pm
@maxdancona,
Again I'm not God. And to compare what I would do with what God would do is ridiculous. Anyone who does that is making themselves equal with God. I'm not that stupid.
Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 12:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Only weak people think like that. I gave up sex 25 years ago. And I am much happier for doing so. That is your demon of lust leading you now.

1Thes 4:4-5
4 that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,
5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God;
(NKJ)

maxdancona

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 12:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
And to compare what I would do with what God would do is ridiculous.

You are advocating for a God who throws people into a lake of fire for doing things that make them happy and don't hurt anyone. This God of yours is a cruel bully. If you are here advocating for Him, then you should defend his cruelty.

God could come and speak for Himself, somehow I doubt He has the decency or courage to do this.

Since you have come here to speak on behalf of God, how about some answers? If you aren't here to answer for God... then what are you here for?

maxdancona

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 12:20 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Only weak people think like that. I gave up sex 25 years ago. And I am much happier for doing so.

If you have not had sex for 25 years it would be possible for you to not remember how wonderful it is, but I am someone who knows what I am talking about. I once was where you are now. I know the struggles with lust and masturbation that every Christian man experiences... it is a continual struggle. You can't lie to me, I have been there.

I promise you, a meaningful human sexual relationship is deeply fulfilling (and exciting and fun). If you took the time to find one you would be much happier.

If God were a loving father he would want to you experience this.
Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 12:51 pm
@maxdancona,
Your just lying to yourself now. When I first gave it up I did struggle and even stumbled a few times every four or five years in the beginning. But now it doesn't bother me at all and I thank God for that. I have been listening to what you say. And I think you believe it. But I know the truth. Now I really have been where your at. And I will not go back. You haven't been where I'm at or you wouldn't have gone back. There is such a freedom and peace of mind that cant be matched. You just fell short.

Heb 4:1-2
1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
(NKJ)

Heb 12:15
15 looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 12:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Your lying to yourself again. When you do what you want it always hurts someone else. You just conveniently disreguard others out of selfishness. Adultery always hurts someone else.

You want me to defend God. That is what the bible is for. God doesn't do anything bad to anyone. That is all on satan. Satan is the wrath of God..And satan pretends to be God and gets away with it in the ignorant people.

Matt 7:11
11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
(NKJ)

James 1:17
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
(NKJ)

maxdancona

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:10 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
When you do what you want it always hurts someone else.

This clearly isn't true.

Good sex involves two consenting adults pleasing each other in a thoughtful way. Assuming both people are single, how does this hurt anyone else?

On the other hand, throwing people into a lake of fire is cruel and barbaric (and always hurts someone else).

I don't know why you think that that throwing people into a lake of fire is somehow morally acceptable whereas having consensual sex is sin.

Doesn't this seem backwards to you?

neologist

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:14 pm
@Squeakybro,
Have you taken my suggestion?
Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:23 pm
@maxdancona,
It hurts you. Because it is fornication. And it gets you your first ticket to the lake. How long do you think you will burn in that lake before you regret what you done?
Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:24 pm
@neologist,
lolol What was that?
Have you taken mine about finding the Holy Spirit?
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:26 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
It hurts you. Because it is fornication. And it gets you your first ticket to the lake. How long do you think you will burn in that lake before you regret what you done?
You do realize, don't you, that those thrown in the lake of fire are no longer conscious?
maxdancona

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:32 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:

God is the one who throws people into the lake of fire. This is an act of great cruelty. God doesn't have to throw people into eternal torment. He does this because he chooses to.

God doesn't want people to enjoy sex (accept by following his narrow rules), so he throws us into the lake of fire when we do.

How does this not make God a cruel bully?
Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:37 pm
@neologist,
Someone has lied to you again. You need to find yourself a better teacher.

Rev 14:11
11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
(NKJ)

Rev 18:7
7 "In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, 'I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.'
(NKJ)

Rev 20:10
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
(NKJ)

Rev 14:11
11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:40 pm
@maxdancona,
He chooses to because of mans rebellion. Man ask for it by rebelling against God. God gave us all free will and choice. He told us what would happen if we go to heaven. And He told us what would happen if we go down the lake.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:43 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
. . . God is the one who throws people into the lake of fire. This is an act of great cruelty. God doesn't have to throw people into eternal torment. He does this because he chooses to. . .
You do realize, don't you, that those thrown in the lake of fire are no longer conscious?

Squeaky wishes you to believe his ooga boooga. But it's his ooga booga.