Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 03:51 pm
@BillRM,
Well God has the power to control all death. So don't stand to close to me when God judges you.
BillRM

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 04:02 pm
@Squeakybro,
**** a god that would drown innocent men women,children and infants and who care if a mad being that call himself god have or have not the power to do so.

I hope you enjoy worshiping such an evil creature.

Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 04:17 pm
@BillRM,
Well I enjoy worshiping The True Living God. He created us we are His to do as He pleases.
BillRM

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 04:29 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
He created us we are His to do as He pleases.

LOL I hate to think what you do to your own children under that manner of thinking.

In any case no you do not harm others for no moral reason an if you do then you are a monster and little else even if you are the god of the old testament.
McGentrix

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 04:41 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Looks like this conversation went off on a tangent...

I am going to just keep quoting this until it gets the laughter it deserves.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 05:43 pm
@BillRM,
lolol Hasn't anyone in here ever read the bible?
maxdancona

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 05:44 pm
@Squeakybro,
Your view of God is a Cruel Tyrant! He makes arbitrary rules and demands complete obedience on pain of eternal death. Why would anyone want to serve such a Despot?

I don't know if you are a father Squeakybro, but I am. I love my kids, I want them to find their own way. I support them, and I help them when they need, but I also let them be their own people I give them unconditional love.

The idea of a "Heavenly father" who will kill his children for not mindlessly following his arbitrary rules makes me shudder.

I have no interest in serving such a cruel tyrant.
BillRM

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 05:46 pm
@Squeakybro,
Sure I read the old testament and it is full of evil deeds of many types so your point is ?????????????
BillRM

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 05:47 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I have no interest in serving such a cruel tyrant.

Good for you........
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 06:13 pm
@maxdancona,
I have children-3. But if I tell them what to do for their own good. And they don't obey me I chastise them. That's what true love is all about. If you truly loved your children you would punish them when they do wrong.
I didn't raise bastards.

Heb 12:6-8
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
(KJV)

Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 06:14 pm
@BillRM,
Christians don't live by the old testament.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 06:27 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
I have children-3. But if I tell them what to do for their own good. And they don't obey me I chastise them. That's what true love is all about. If you truly loved your children you would punish them when they do wrong.

You are claiming that God will kill people who don't agree with his rules. And, you are claiming that God will send them to Hell.

At some point your children are going to go their own way. They may even decide that some of your rules don't make sense to them.

At what point will you decide to kill them for disobeying you. Do you even threaten to kill them?

I imagine that you are a much better father than God is.

Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 07:03 pm
@maxdancona,
You really don't have any concept of who God is do you.
God created us. He has the right to destroy us. He is going to have a judgment day. To decide who goes down the eternal lake of fire and who goes to heaven. That is your only two choices. Now just think if you don't teach this to your children. It will be your fault your children go down to the eternal lake of fire. When they go because of you, do you think they will still love you? When they find out your the reason they went into the lake of fire.
maxdancona

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 07:16 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
God created us. He has the right to destroy us. He is going to have a judgment day. To decide who goes down the eternal lake of fire and who goes to heaven. That is your only two choices. Now just think if you don't teach this to your children. It will be your fault your children go down to the eternal lake of fire. When they go because of you, do you think they will still love you? When they find out your the reason they went into the lake of fire.

Read what you wrote about God, SqueakyBro. You are describing a vicious and cruel tyrant.

In North Korea there is a brutal tyrant who will torture families to death for any disobedience or disrespect. I would never blame the families who are being tortured for this, the power is in the hand of the tyrant and the blame is with the tyrant. If my father erred and the tyrant tortured my family to death, I would still love my father.

I don't know what you mean that God has the "right" to destroy us. God may have the ability to torture us to death. But a loving God wouldn't do such a horrible thing. And a god who chooses to torture people based on arbitrary rules and a selfish need for supplication doesn't deserve my respect.

If God is so vengeful and cruel, why would I follow him.
Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 07:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Your digging your own grave.

Rom 9:20-23
20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"
21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
(NKJ)

BillRM

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 07:48 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
O man, who are you to reply against God?

He is a decent human that would not bow down to the idea of a make up god who is pure evil because people like you love the idea of an evil god.

Oh and what mercy did this god show the bulk of mankind when he flooded the world?

No mankind have nothing to ask for forgiven of this god in fact he had one large task to talking mankind into forgiving him if he was real.
0 Replies

Glennn

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 08:20 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
It will be your fault your children go down to the eternal lake of fire.

So, your god is going to punish innocent children for not acting on something that they were never made aware of in the first place? What kind of of a perversion of justice have you come to accept as holy? And this is what you call love?

Also, since no one is returning from this alleged eternal lake of fire that you speak of, that means that the infliction of this torture is not geared to the learning of any lesson. And that means that your god is allowing the infliction of pain simply for the sake of pain. The mystery here is how you cannot see that such an idea is the very definition of blasphemy.
Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 08:25 pm
@Glennn,

Rom 9:13-20
13 As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!
15 For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."
16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."
18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"
20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"
(NKJ)

maxdancona

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 08:30 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Your digging your own grave.

I don't think so. Fact is, I have had a much better life since I stopped being so obsessed with God. I enjoy being able to have sex with whom I want. I have had fun playing poker and drinking whiskey. God has blessed me in each of these areas (I guess that is what the scripture means it it says "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy".

It seems that God is much more forgiving and easy-going then you think. He seems to even have a sense of humor. You should think of how much you are giving up with your authoritarian view of God. You could be having a lot more fun in life if you loosened up a little (God might even agree with me).

Of course God could strike me down right now if He wanted to. But I don't think he will. If I post tomorrow, then you will know that God and I are OK.

Glennn

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 08:46 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"

If your god is the potter, and we are the clay, then it would appear that your god is angry at his own creation, and infantile enough to blame the clay for the flaws in his work. We're the fruits of your god, and if the fruits be rotten, what does that say about your god?

I will say that, not unlike abused children, you are doing your best to defend an abuser. When forced to look at the fact that your god is ready, willing, and able to torture its creation for eternity, you campaign in support of this horror. You have stooped to defending a terrorist in order to avoid the terror he bestows upon his creation. Fear of this god has caused you to believe that you can love what you fear, and fear what you love. This is a perversion of love.
0 Replies