Does the Bible say that all Christians will go to heaven?

mark noble

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 07:06 am
@AugustineBrother,
Your 'jesuit' papacy = 'The whore of Babylon'.
AugustineBrother

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 01:30 pm
@mark noble,
Mark, I have been hoping I could get you to say something like that. Your hatred of Catholics will pull many of your former on-the-fence admirers out of your camp, which was my aim.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 01:40 pm
@AugustineBrother,
Quote:
Your hatred of Catholics will pull many of your former on-the-fence admirers out of your camp, which was my aim.

And how many do you think will come to your camp?
AugustineBrother

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have made it clear that I don't seek to influence anyone. I try to stick to the logic and civility and data of what is said on here.
0 Replies

CVeigh

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 10:14 am
@anthony1312002,
That is a tautology. If you do get into Heaven you must have been a follower, if you don't you weren't really a follower
0 Replies

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Tue 28 May, 2019 09:03 pm
@anthony1312002,
no, you could consider yourself a christian but then be a terrible person. also if a christian commits suicide they aare then condemed to hell. it really just depends on the person. good loyal and faithful christians will go to heaven but bad mean and terrible christiand have a chance to go to heaven but also a good chance to get to pass straight into hell
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 03:57 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
Whether you're a christian or any other religion or atheist, we humans have created thousands of gods and religions. It's up to each individual to decide what's best for themselves. It's my opinion that religion is an accident of birth; most follow the religion of their culture and/or parents.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 04:16 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
Anthony posed the question rhetorically, being as how he's a Jehovah's Witness, and they have different ideas about heaven than most other Christian denominations. Their doctrine holds that most Christians, bona fide Christians, will live forever on a paradisiacal Earth. Only 144,000 will go to heaven.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 04:19 pm
@InfraBlue,
My life on this planet was enough for me! Living forever sounds boring.
farmerman

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 07:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
of the 35 or so version of the Old and New Testaments and the Torah. ONLY $ even mention a place called something resembling HELL. Two of whih are based upon trash dumps and another two are assembled from tales of gods ofEgypt and SUmeria.

Look em up yourselves and come back and you will sound oh so intelligent. (I dont know if the facts that underpin them are any more believable than the three or 4 texts that mention a kind of Hell.

Just loom up'"Where and when did the concept f HELL originate in Biblical literature"?

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 10:14 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
kaylie-the-cutter wrote:

no, you could consider yourself a christian but then be a terrible person. also if a christian commits suicide they aare then condemed to hell. it really just depends on the person. good loyal and faithful christians will go to heaven but bad mean and terrible christiand have a chance to go to heaven but also a good chance to get to pass straight into hell

Your bible has nothing to say on suicide.

Also, according to your new testament, the fact that you are a "bad, mean and terrible christian" has nothing to do with whether or not you will be condemned to your fictitious hell.

You said on another thread that you weren't happy with someone acting as if you are "childish and small" Perhaps if you stopped believing these small and childish things it would help.
You apparantly consider yourself a christian, yet you have very misconstrued ideas on what your religious manuel actually says.

You had also mention the catholic bible. It also has nothing to say about suicide, and the RC view of sucide today is that the person who died is not always completely culpable for their act.

Sure is a pity that in the past, the families and friends of someone who killed themselves were made to feel that their supposedly all loving god sent someone they loved to eternal damnation, regardless of the reason. I wonder if once the RC church changed its mind on that all those people were released.

Do a little research on your own what your main religious guide actually says, and stop relying on what you've picked up along the way from others who also have not read what is and is not in the book.
Better yet, read the book for what it is really saying, and hopefully you'll realize how ridiculous it is.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 06:25 am
@chai2,
It is worth adding that Jesus Christ himself committed suicide by cop.
I don't know any Christians who say he didn't know what he was doing at the time.
chai2

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 08:15 am
@Leadfoot,
Huh.

That is actually interesting.

Indeed, Jesus did know he would die by others hands if he continued his path.

Looking it up, there's little said on the subject (not surprising). However, I did see someone say in the few seconds devoted to this topic that J was a martyr, and not a suicide.

But that begs the question: Who was he a martyr to? Himself?

In any event martyrdom is a form of suicide. People who are so deluded by their religion they are willing to force down their instinct of self preservation, letting themselves be killed, ergo participating in their own deaths.

And today, millions/billions are deluded into thinking that this martyrdom/suicide of someone that maybe/probably didn't exist in the first place, was all about "saving" them. From what I sure don't know. From some action or inaction of yet another mythical being that they believe they are somehow related to countless generations ago.

If someone's grandfather, or even father (or grandmother/mother/aunt/uncle/sibling/etc) was a murderer/rapist/all around bad person, few would look upon that person as carrying the same burden of guilt. Yet it's encouraged to believe that we are born with some kind of innate propensity to do wrong because of one person who didn't exist, thousands of years ago.

Seriously?
If it wasn't for the indoctrination from early on, who woudn't read the above and shake their head in disbelief.
Many/most people, when pressed, will answer the question "Why are you a christian" will volunteer, in so many words "Because my parent(s) were".
So if your parents were hindus, so most would say they were. It's not even about belief. It's habit. A habit so strong you come to believe, if you never examine it, that it is the natural order of things.

A habit so strong the mere thought of examining/questioning it is unheard of.
It's not questioned or examined because it's just to uncomfortable to look around. Thus those who promote questioning are looked up as sinful themselves.

Faith is believing something for no good reason.
Questioning is asking for a good reason to believe.

Many people become upset/angry at those who question.
Those who understand questioning is a good thing aren't trying to torment people who have faith (on the whole). Questioners understand though that those who submit to faith are going to be very uncomfortable/have their minds blown if they use their brains to actually consider what is going on.

Who wants to worship something that forbids them to question? A lot of people obviously.

Not me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 03:04 pm
@chai2,
I've always had a question about the RC policy of eating meat on Friday. http://catholic-pages.com/life/fridaymeat.asp
chai2

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 05:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Whoa. The below is taken from the link you provided...

Apparantly RC still do not eat meat on Friday (per canon law), in part...

In reparation for the grave sin of abortion.

That I did not know. Odd in any event that me or you not eating meat on a particular day of the week helps someone who had an abortion. Those RC's, what a wacky bunch.

In any event, for most of history people didn't even eat meat on a daily basis, it was a rare thing. I grew up at a marina, and every Friday during Lent we ate fish that had been swimming in the ocean just a few hours before. What a hardship.

If we lived in S. America though, we could eat capybara's, as it was decided they were fish.

https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/cb-5.png?w=640&h=492
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 05:37 pm
@chai2,
Did you know that the sign in Japanese says "ka pi ba ra?"
chai2

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 05:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ha!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 06:40 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Who wants to worship something that forbids them to question?

Where on earth did you get that idea?
Earlier you advised others to actually read the book if they wish to opine on it. It was good advice. For you too.

Doing a search on the word 'Reason' in the Bible will show that it is a highly recommended activity, none of this dodgy blind acceptance that you seem to think it says. As he is quoted as saying - "Blessed is he who believes and understands".

I'm surprised you bought into the BS of his existence being a myth (virtually all historians believe there was such a person) but I do have some sympathy for your views on the various religious interpretations of what Jesus accomplished with his death. These run from mystical cancelling of our sins while visiting hell to magical properties of his personal blood.
Not that dying prematurely insures anyone will remember you 2000 years later but if he had not been willing to die for what he said, he might have died in obscurity like thousands of others. He has made quite an impression on the world, no matter what you think of him.
chai2

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 07:18 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Where on earth did you get that idea?

From the millions of his followers that state all you have to have is faith, and that it's not important that we understand.

And no, virtually all historians do not agree Jesus was an actual person.

But....don't take the fact that I agreed with one thing that you said means I have much else in common with you.

I'm not going to converse on this with you any longer.
Take that however you will.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 08:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
A whole lots of rationalizing what the Bible meant about Jesus' period of death. It's very simple: The Jesus of the Bible did not exist. He's the figment of the writer's imagination. He's a product of Greek and Egyptian mythology. How many books were left out of the Bible? Why is the god of Jerusalem the real god? Why not all the other gods in other countries and cultures? Isn't religion an accident of birth? If your culture is Buddhist, your parents and children will follow. If you were born in India, you have many more choices. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_India. Humans have created gods from many things on this planet, other planets, and from imagination. They all believed that their god was the only true god. Why is one god better than any other? 4,200 religions
According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world. The word religion is sometimes used interchangeably with "faith" or "belief system", but religion differs from private belief in that it has a public aspect.
List of religions and spiritual traditions - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religions_and_spiritual_traditions
0 Replies