Does the Bible say that all Christians will go to heaven?

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 09:23 am
@puzzledperson,
If I was wrong about your trolling I apologize. Your comment combined with your statement about 'this is not what I believe' made it sound to me as if you were saying 'Ha Ha, there's a contradiction, it's all a load of bollix.' But I'll take you at your word that you weren't trolling.

On to the current point about the 1000 years.
Previously you said:
"Since the dead in Christ are not limited to those beheaded for their witness to Jesus, they are not resurrected until the thousand years have finished."

I agree that the dead in Christ were not limited to those beheaded, it just included them. But when it says 'the rest of the dead were not resurrected until the thousand years have finished' reads to me like it means those who died and were NOT in Christ. Those were the ones who didn't even get the basics right. That eliminates the contradiction for me.

So what is the relevance of Cor. 1:19? I don't disagree with it. Who do you think it was referring to?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 09:30 am
@Harry Blake,
Quote:
Remember, Jesus said to the thief dying on the cross next to him "Today you'll be with me in Paradise."
See, no 1000 years wait, and no "purgatory" or "second chance" nonsense..Smile
Note he didn't say heaven. The 'new earth' with Satan bound for a thousand years and no death or disease sounds like paradise to me.
As for the time factor, when we sleep (as Paul says the first death is) when we are asleep, we are not aware of the passage of time. When we wake up it seems like the instant after we went to sleep, hence 'this day'.
neologist

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 12:21 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I was wondering where in our gene ome does the spirit center live? . . .
In the 'ome, of course. Very Happy
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 06:41 pm
@Leadfoot,
said- "The 'new earth' with Satan bound for a thousand years and no death or disease sounds like paradise to me"
-----------------------------------------------------

Different cults have different speculations of the afterlife with guesses and hunches, but Jesus reminds us that it's beyond the grasp of our human brains-
""You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?....
I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....you are of this world, I am not of this world.." (John 10:38/8:14/ 8:23)

Thomas tried to press him further for navigation instructions-
"Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:2/6)

So like I've said before, we have to mindmeld with Jesus while we're alive so that when our bodies die, our souls fly to him on automatic pilot wherever he is in time and space. The first step in mindmelding is to LIKE him. If anybody doesn't like him their souls haven't a chance of flying to him.

All we know for sure is that we transcend from our squishy fleshly bodies into becoming purely spiritual beings-
"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 15:42-50)

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 07:01 pm
@Harry Blake,
Sounds like hokus pokus to me! Words without any evidence.
My god is a rabbit. Can you prove it isn't a god?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 09:28 pm
@Harry Blake,
Quote:
Different cults have different speculations of the afterlife with guesses and hunches, but Jesus reminds us that it's beyond the grasp of our human brains-
I was just stating what the book says man. If you think it says differently, let's hear it. The book says 'the spirit will lead you into all truth'. Is it right or are we too thick to to 'get it'?
You can't have it both ways.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 11:18 am
Just to clarify (Consciousness)
If read properly (The bible, qu'ran, Torah, etc) are great guides to the 'universal consciousness'.
But so is a leaf, a dog, a grain of sand, a droplet of water....
If read properly.
Belief MEANS to NOT KNOW! But to rely on faith.
The greatest knowledge you can ever acquire is that (regardless what you BELIEVE!) You KNOW NOTHING! other than what you have witnessed firsthand. EVERYTHING else is 'hearsay'.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:51 am
@anthony1312002,
It says the opposite, you will only go if you are a true Christian. And whoever goes gets there (whether they know it or not, important) by the work of salvation in Jesus.

Do not spread malicious ideas of salvation. Here is what the Catholic Catechism states :
Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.
AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 06:54 am
@George,
Of course that can be a middle or a passive, right

They were first called
OR
They first called themselves

The Vulgate is just following the Greek and even if not the subject 'they' could be the Antioch people OR the 'they' that conversed in the opening clause
George

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 07:45 am
@AugustineBrother,
I'm not sure I understand your point.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 07:59 am
@AugustineBrother,
Quote:
the Catholic Catechism states

Do you mind if I ask for scriptural authority on the matter? I am not Catholic my friend
Thank you, and welcome to A2K
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 08:02 am
@AugustineBrother,
Who is the only mediator between your God and mortals, please?
0 Replies

anthony1312002

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:23 am
@AugustineBrother,
Your initial answer is very close to what the Bible really teaches. It is true that all true followers of Christ will be saved. But it is not true that all them will go to heaven. Jesus helped those he taught to understand this by reminding them of a promise found in the Scriptures that he will soon fulfill. At Matthew 5:5 he said: "Happy are the mild tempered", or "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

If you have a Bible with Scriptural references you will see that Bible scholars understood Jesus to be quoting Psalm 37:11 which says:" But the meek ones shall inherit the earth". This same Psalm states for long they will live on the earth in verse 29 which states: " The righteous shall inherit the land (earth) , and dwell therein for ever."

Thus the Bible not only reveals that not all Christians will go to heaven, but also that through Jesus, God will fullfill his purpose regarding the earth and mankind upon it by placing all those of his righteous ones who have not been selected for heavenly service to enjoy serving him on an earth completely cleansed of all the causes of suffering and divisiveness now experienced.

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 06:50 pm
@AugustineBrother,
AugustineBrother wrote:
. . . . Here is what the Catholic Catechism states. . . .
Sorry.
I have a problem with your digression from scripture, having fled the Catholic religion after learning of atrocities such as the Inquisition and the Concordat. Please stick to the canons.
mark noble

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2016 09:45 am
@AugustineBrother,
Augustine - Go find a more vulnerable audience, please.
Your 'christian shite' has no purchase here.
AugustineBrother

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 02:22 pm
@neologist,
You have a problem with yourself.
Do you know anything about the Inquisition ?

Spanish Inquisition was 99% Myth. (BBC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhlAqklH0do

What good is done by Catholics counts for nothing with you. What the Judases do means everything to you. Very glad your disgraceful self left the Church I love.

0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 02:23 pm
@mark noble,
Unlike you I want a mature audience that discusses.
And you can stop the Papal talk, you speak only for yourself. \
fresco

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 12:23 am
@AugustineBrother,
Q (At the hypothetical Gates of Heaven).
How do you justify the untold wealth of the Catholic Church in contrast to the poverty it indirectly generates by its opposition to birth control ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 11:19 am
@fresco,
How do they justify restricting eating meat on Friday, then allowing it? They have very good control of their flock. Do as I tell you, and don't question it.
fresco

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
The 'Bro' I think has argued for 'God' as a bastion of morality/love/. Whereas refraining from killing animals for food per se could be construed as a moral act, diet schedules cannot. The club rules for Catholics are somewhat trivial for outsiders compared with the general performance of the club in humanitarian terms.
0 Replies