Is My Fiancée Already Married to Someone else

Neesham

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 09:45 am
I just moved in with my fiancée who said she was living with her girlfriend before we moved in. However, she would never let me visit her when we were dating saying it was bad omen and all. So, I was suspicious.

Yesterday, I found two things:

1. The lease document of her previous apartment that showed that she was actually staying with a man. I drove to that place immediately and checked with the neighbors who confirmed that there was a married couple staying there. So, she was married to this dude, that much is for sure. Further investigation (older lease docs) revealed that she was living with this guy for the past 10 years. This man also helped her as a donor for the IVF that got her pregnant now.

2. A (blank) contract that read, " In the event of a baby, I, Lucy, claim no alimony from Dan. We have agreed to both care for the baby without alimony. "

Lucy is my fiancée and Dan is the guy she was seemingly hiding from me.

Before I decide how to handle this situation, I want to know one important piece of information. Based on the quoted text from the contract, can we say if these two people are:

a) Still Married
b) Married but currently divorced
c) Not Married

ehBeth

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 11:22 am
@Neesham,
No, you can't tell anything from that document.

You will have to talk to your fiancee.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 11:55 am
@Neesham,
is this the same woman?

http://able2know.org/topic/307049-1#post-6092661
CalamityJane

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 01:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Oy, a year later and he still hasn't resolved anything.
0 Replies

Neesham

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:32 pm
@Neesham,
Did you ever sort out her actions in illegally using your sperm?
cicerone imposter

Fri 22 Jan, 2016 09:15 pm
@ehBeth,
When I was in the USAF back in the mid-fifties, I had a girl friend in San Mateo. Before getting shipped for overseas duty, I proposed and she accepted. But when I returned after one year, she was already married to another guy.
Long story short: That was probably one of the best things that happened to me, because I later met and married a wonderful woman. We've now been married over 52 years.
0 Replies

Cristel

Tue 16 Feb, 2016 12:09 am
@Neesham,
Try to resolve the issue by talking to your fiancee
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is My Fiancée Already Married to Someone else
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 02:07:03