What was on the radio the night you were conceived?

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:00 pm
Did the music your parents were listening to shape your life? "Chattanooga ChooChoo" for me, and in my long-ago days as a dj, I would play any train song that came down the tracks. Lordyas was, in a needed digression on one of the sillier religious creat0r-of-the-universe threads, figured out he was likely created to "The Ballad of Davy Crockett". Who inspired your birth? Google "number one hit in xxxx" where ""xxxx" is the month your parents did it, and let us know.

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:19 pm
@MontereyJack,

I Get Around ~ The Beach Boys (july 1964)

here's a handy place to look it up...
jespah

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:23 pm
@Region Philbis,
Big Bad John – Jimmy Dean

Golly.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:26 pm
pretty sure there was no music playing on the radio on a Dutch freighter in the middle of the Atlantic in 1956

maybe a Dutch sailor singing ? something?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:27 pm
@jespah,
"Every mornin' at the mine you could see him arrive, he stood 6'6" and weighed 245, Big Jawn...". Can we trade birthdays? And "I Get Around". Wow, the a2k power couple strikes gold. Well, the lapping waves and sseabirds cries would have been a pretty decent soundtrack too, beth.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:28 pm
Cannot see any influence, really:

Nelson Eddy & Jo Stafford With These Hands
Hoagy Carmichael My Resistance Is Low

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
No lapping waves - huge storm. The way hamburger tells it, it was the reason they were below deck instead of at the table eating the food all the sick passengers couldn't manage.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 12:59 pm
I also got Chatanooga Woo Woo
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 01:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
hey, compadre!
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 02:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
Jack, my BH remembers The Shadow, which she asserts, could have had no effect whatever
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 02:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
Hmmmm. Frenesi/Artie Shaw and His Orchestra (late Feb or early March 1941).

I learned as a adult from my adult cousins that my parents were staying at my mother's brother's house, since my Aunt Nan had just come home from the hospital with their first child (she was 41), my parents there to help out. Their next child was adopted a few years later. She's not a baby boomer either, a year or so earlier than the BBs. Think of three grown female cousins laughing..

We didn't make guesses at that time about the music.

My brain keeps thinking that was in the house I remember the family having when some years later we moved back to California, but no, it was a house in the San Fernando Valley that I've no memories of ever being in but certainly was... in my own small way at the time. My parents moved to Ohio (AAF, Wright Field), shortly after my birth.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 05:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Let's see.............what was playing???? I was conceived on the Air Force Base in Iceland (long closed). Not sure exactly what was playing, but the winds were howling that night
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 05:35 pm
@jespah,
This was an ad from my youth.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 04:56 pm
"Personality" was the number 1 hit when I was conceived. Were my parents listening to it? I have no idea.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 05:25 pm
@Roberta,
There were a few Personality records in different years. I know which one was in your year, kid. Very Happy
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 12:39 am
@MontereyJack,
Amapola (Pretty Little Poppy) for me. At first I thought maybe we didn't have radio then. That was until I saw Dale had answered.

I believe I remember hearing Chattanooga Choo Choo when my folks brought me home.
0 Replies