I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

Blickers

Sun 22 May, 2016 08:59 pm
@Builder,
Quote Blickers:
Quote:
A CBS poll released a few days ago shows Hillary ahead of Trump 47-41.

Quote Builder:
Quote:
According to parados, polls of fifty people are deadly accurate.

Your jibe at Parados makes little sense. For the record, the CBS poll was conducted among 1,109 registered voters.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Sun 22 May, 2016 09:33 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Oh no, Debra! Revelette will show up any moment and call you a liar. She says everyone's Bernie and Hillary scores must be within 3 percentage points or they are lying.

Because she finds it ODD.

My condolences. I will support you through this tragedy.

No tragedy at all. I think I placed Revelette on ignore at least until this election cycle is concluded.
Builder

Sun 22 May, 2016 10:45 pm
@parados,
http://able2know.org/topic/164543-220#post-6173759
revelette2

Mon 23 May, 2016 06:06 am
@Debra Law,
I'm sorry you did.
0 Replies

sozobe

Mon 23 May, 2016 06:19 am
@Robert Gentel,
Yeah, it's not perfect. It does allow for prioritization, but that has limits.

When I was having an argument with someone elsewhere about whether Hillary and Bernie are substantially the same or different in their positions, though, this was one of the data points I used.

They really aren't that different from each other when it comes to positions they hold and what they say they will do, and they are both very different from Trump.

And that's the point at which I entered the conversation; Edgar stating

edgarblythe wrote:
I think this is Sanders' biggest problem. Too many voters think both candidates stand for the same things. In fact, there are not that many similarities.

There are definitely differences. But there a LOT of similarities between Hillary and Bernie, especially as compared to Trump.
parados

Mon 23 May, 2016 06:33 am
@Builder,
Nothing there about me saying -
Quote:
According to parados, polls of fifty people are deadly accurate.

I reference a poll of 438 and point out that polls have margins of errors. That isn't even close to saying anything about polls of 50 people and a margin of error doesn't equate to a poll being deadly accurate.

Thanks for playing, "Builder proves how stupid he is." Let us know when you want to play again.
revelette2

Mon 23 May, 2016 06:36 am
@parados,
Do you perhaps mean 538?
parados

Mon 23 May, 2016 07:32 am
@revelette2,
The poll was of 438 likely voters.
revelette2

Mon 23 May, 2016 07:41 am
@parados,
Oh Embarrassed , sometimes, I should just keep my mouth shut.
snood

Mon 23 May, 2016 07:44 am
@revelette2,
Very Happy But then you wouldn't say those things that I want to say. It was an honest mistake.
revelette2

Mon 23 May, 2016 07:53 am
In any case, Sanders staying in the race is helping Trump. When it is clear he (Sanders )has lost, what good does it do to keep voters focused on Hillary's supposed vulnerabilities? Sanders and his supporters are Trump's biggest campaign tools. All Sanders is doing is opening the doors for Trump and saying goodbye to helping the poor who he says he is in it to help.

Bernie Sanders digs in

Quote:

Washington (CNN) — The stakes of Bernie Sanders' take-it-to-the-convention strategy are rapidly rising as fresh polls underscore Hillary Clinton's vulnerabilities and predict a tight race between her and Donald Trump in the fall.

After months of talk about the potential of a contested Republican convention, Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee, is quickly consolidating his party's support -- something Clinton is unable to do with Sanders still in the race.

Still, Sanders is not heeding calls from some Democrats to get out of the race -- or at least cool his rhetoric during the final weeks of the primary season. Instead, he kept up his blistering criticism of Clinton over the weekend and deepened his feud with the party establishment, including endorsing the primary challenger to Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

"The last I heard is that we are a democratic country, and that elections are about vigorous debates over the issues. Secretary Clinton and I disagree," Sanders told Jake Tapper Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "What the Democratic leadership has got to understand is that not all of my supporters go to these fancy fundraising dinners. They're working people who are hurting now, who want real change in the economy."

He added: "I hope the Democratic leadership understands they have to open up the process, bring those people in."

Quote:
'I will be the nominee for my party,'' Clinton told CNN's Chris Cuomo in an interview last week. "That is already done, in effect. There is no way I won't be.''

On Sunday, she said there will be an "obvious need of us to unify the party" once she becomes the presumptive nominee.

"I will certainly do my part, reaching out to Sen. Sanders, reaching out to his supporters," she said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "And I expect him to do his."

The internal conflict comes at a time when polls show that Trump is getting a dividend from closing out the Republican primary race, and setting up what could be a close election against Clinton in November.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 23 May, 2016 07:57 am
@snood,
Thank you even though you are accused of keeping me going. The things people imagine about people they know nothing about. I've been here long before I knew you and have been for the same ideals I have now, you know, back when Bush was still in office in 2007 and Lash was still an avid Bush supporter. I missed the day Lash saw the light on the road to Damascus.
snood

Mon 23 May, 2016 08:15 am
@revelette2,
Yeah, I'm aware of what that person said. I give the stupid observation the same consideration as I do everything that comes from the same bottomless well- spring of fetid, sociopathic tripe.

I'm friendly to those who are friendly to me; I return other sentiments in kind as well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 23 May, 2016 08:52 am
The closest similarities between Clinton and Sanders is they are running for the Democratic nomination and they are not Trump. They disagree on most issues.
sozobe

Mon 23 May, 2016 09:11 am
@edgarblythe,
That just isn't true.

Here is some more evidence:

http://i.imgur.com/W2IIBt9.jpg
http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-vs-bernie-sanders-on-the-issues-2015-9

http://i.imgur.com/8nw1hUk.png
http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/compare/35-40-70/Bernie-Sanders-vs-Hillary-Clinton-vs-Donald-Trump
DrewDad

Mon 23 May, 2016 09:20 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The closest similarities between Clinton and Sanders is they are running for the Democratic nomination and they are not Trump. They disagree on most issues.

There's not much point in engaging with you, then. Your view of reality is so far different from mine that there is no point in having a discussion, because we probably can't even agree on the basic meaning of words.

Have a nice day.
engineer

Mon 23 May, 2016 11:33 am
@DrewDad,
Often Clinton and Sanders disagree by five points on a hundred point scale. Yes, Sanders wants state sponsored health care and Clinton wants state subsidized healthcare. They disagree slightly. Their opponents want free market healthcare and are not concerned with the uninsured. Sanders wants free college tuition, Clinton wants subsidized tuition, their opponents want the free market college system where students rack up huge debts. You can say that their positions are not the same but to those more towards the middle of the spectrum, they look pretty similar and the Clinton plan has a lot more likelihood of being something that can pass.
maporsche

Mon 23 May, 2016 12:12 pm
@engineer,
There's a saying.... the perfect is the enemy of the good
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 23 May, 2016 01:06 pm
@sozobe,
Charts like that rely on Hillary saying one thing, but when Sanders starts gaining points for a position, Hillary switches to "Me too." So she gets credit for going against TPP, for instance. To her it was the "gold standard" until Berrnie got positive feedback for opposing it. So now she gets credit for saying she is against it. In short, she lies and gets credit anyway, on many issues.
0 Replies

woiyo

Mon 23 May, 2016 01:14 pm
@sozobe,
She was for the pipeline until she was against it.
0 Replies