I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

joefromchicago

Sat 21 May, 2016 07:34 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

"A vote" is probably not very effective in and of itself, no matter how you measure "effective."

Hmmm, wasn't it you who said:

DrewDad wrote:
Everyone believes the same as you, which is that Texas is red no matter what, so populations that would normally vote liberal just don't show up.

Gee, if everyone thought the way you do, then the nation will stay the same, no matter what.

DrewDad wrote:
Lots of votes may have an effect, but it may not have the effect that you want.

That's something Clinton supporters should bear in mind.

DrewDad wrote:
Start by defining what the outcome is that you desire, then consider whether a protest vote is an effective method of accomplishing that.

I want many of the issues in which I'm interested to be taken seriously, either by the major parties or by the general electorate. That's why I vote for candidates who best reflect my position on those issues. Isn't that why you vote for a particular candidate?

DrewDad wrote:
IMO, a protest vote is easy, but probably not effective.

If everyone thought that way ...

DrewDad wrote:
It's a single bit of data, with no context. Yippee. You voted for Sanders, or Nader, or whomever else. But no one knows why.

And everyone knows why you voted for Clinton?

DrewDad wrote:
Back to Engineer's analogy, if Sanders is French Vanilla and Clinton is Mexican Vanilla, are you going to say that you hate Mexican Vanilla so much that you'd rather have to eat a diseased pork rind for the next four years?

If you think Sanders and Clinton are just different versions of the same flavor, you clearly have no taste.
edgarblythe

Sat 21 May, 2016 07:52 pm
If you think Sanders and Clinton are just different versions of the same flavor, you clearly have no taste.

I think this is Sanders' biggest problem. Too many voters think both candidates stand for the same things. In fact, there are not that many similarities.
Lilkanyon

Sat 21 May, 2016 07:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I think this is Sanders' biggest problem. Too many voters think both candidates stand for the same things. In fact, there are not that many similarities.

Better explain them then, cuz that philosophy is catching fire. Sanders will lose and its believed when he is out they will go Trump....
0 Replies

snood

Sat 21 May, 2016 08:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
In fact, there are not that many similarities.

These are SOME of the similarities. There are more. And mind you, the Republicans don't agree with ANY of these...

Both Clinton and Sanders:
-support overturning Citizens United
--believe abortion is a woman's unrestricted right
-are comfortable with same sex marriage
-want to make voter registration easier
-want to prioritize green energy
-choose stimulus over market-led economy
-want higher taxes on the wealthy
-want pathway to citizenship and support the Dream Act
-want to boost planned parenthood funding
-want mandated body cameras on all police officers

sozobe

Sat 21 May, 2016 09:05 pm
@snood,
http://i.imgur.com/nfxNkXE.png?1

This was my result when I took the longest, most-detailed version of the "I side with" quiz. http://www.isidewith.com

It doesn't mean that they are 100% in agreement; just that there was an even distribution of disagreements.

But it also indicates that they're really not so far apart as all that.
RABEL222

Sat 21 May, 2016 09:13 pm
@joefromchicago,
Unlike many conservatives I would like to see everyone vote for someone. I would live with what a majority of voters say. Voter suppression is undemocratic and we should encourage all citizens to exercise their vote.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 21 May, 2016 09:14 pm
@sozobe,
That chart is totally wrong. But enough people believe it to think it's not important to vote Bernie.
RABEL222

Sat 21 May, 2016 09:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Did you read what Debra said about lying to ones self?

Quote:
In fact, there are not that many similarities.
0 Replies

sozobe

Sat 21 May, 2016 09:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm not sure it was clear what the chart was. I, personally, took the quiz. I answered every item in line with my own opinions. That's a screenshot of my own personal result.

I encourage you to take the quiz and just answer it honestly and see what happens.
snood

Sat 21 May, 2016 09:50 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

I'm not sure it was clear what the chart was. I, personally, took the quiz. I answered every item in line with my own opinions. That's a screenshot of my own personal result.

I encourage you to take the quiz and just answer it honestly and see what happens.

I think he's too emotionally invested in keeping Hillary as evil to look at things like this clearly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 21 May, 2016 10:32 pm
@sozobe,
I will take it, but there are too many differences for that app to be truthful. Off the top of my head: Glass Steagal, war, health care, trade - Stuff I have been posting here for a year.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 21 May, 2016 10:47 pm
I got a bigger percentage for Sanders. The fact Sanders wants to break up the big banks and Hillary does not, Sanders wants to reinstate Glass Steagall and Hillary does not, Sanders wants universal health care and Hillary does not, Sanders wants free college and Hillary does not, Sanders wants to wind down our wars and Hillary does not - The list goes on and on. The choice difference is YUuuuge.
ehBeth

Sat 21 May, 2016 11:10 pm
@sozobe,
interesting
lonnng but worth the time

96% Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders Democratic
on social, domestic policy, economic, foreign policy, environmental, healthcare, immigration, electoral, criminal, and science issues.

94% Jill Stein
Jill Stein Green
on social, economic, foreign policy, domestic policy, environmental, immigration, healthcare, electoral, criminal, and science issues.

92% Hillary Clinton
Hillary Clinton Democratic
on social, economic, domestic policy, foreign policy, healthcare, immigration, environmental, electoral, criminal, and science issues.

82% John McAfee Libertarian
on foreign policy, social, domestic policy, immigration, education, and electoral issues.

77% Gary Johnson
Gary Johnson Libertarian
on social, foreign policy, domestic policy, immigration, education, electoral, and science issues.

25% Donald Trump
Donald Trump Republican
on education
0 Replies

dlowan

Sat 21 May, 2016 11:30 pm
@sozobe,
Hmmmm...sanders 98%. Hillary 94%

0 Replies

sozobe

Sat 21 May, 2016 11:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm curious, what were the numbers?

The point I'm making is not that you wouldn't score higher for Bernie than for Hillary; but that there are many, many similarities. (Meanwhile I don't remember my score for Trump but it was very low; it's not like every candidate has that degree of accord.)
snood

Sun 22 May, 2016 04:41 am
@sozobe,
And there's also the inconvenient truth that Bernie ain't gonna be the nominee, so there's that to consider in a discussion about who to vote for.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 22 May, 2016 05:46 am
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/05/21/sanders-endorses-dnc-chair-wasserman-schultzs-primary-opponent/?tid=a_inl

Bernie promises to get rid of DWS when he's elected.
He's backing her opponent in FL.
Love it!
Brand X

Sun 22 May, 2016 06:56 am
@Lash,
The Medusa of DC will not be amused.
Lash

Sun 22 May, 2016 07:03 am
@Brand X,
LOL. I want this disgusting cronyism and the snake-sisterhood that supports it taken down.

While we wait, I think the echo chamber here might appreciate some factual reading material. (I hope they can look at it without bursting into flames)

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/22/democrat-disgusted-with-president-obama1

Obama: worse than Bush.
engineer

Sun 22 May, 2016 07:18 am
@Lash,
Obama approval rating soaring.
0 Replies