Render Unto Caesar

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 06:44 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Ah, the one Frank went to?

I wanna hear what they have to say about all this election stuff..
(also, how they are)
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 07:33 pm
@ossobuco,
They didn't go there. I talked to Morgan on the phone. He's over social media for a while.

He's an old married man with kids and no time for forums or Facebook Confused
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 07:42 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Wink
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 03:46 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
With three kids you have no free time for anything else!

Plus the zoo they have at home! Laughing
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 02:50 pm
I met the bird in person last month. Nearly took my ear off! Evil or Very Mad

Miss you peanut!
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 03:29 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Grins...
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 07:06 pm
@Keith424,
Keith424 wrote:

Plus the zoo they have at home! Laughing

You have no idea! fish, birds dogs, cat, hamsters, you name it! Shocked
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 02:28 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
EqualityFLSTPete wrote:

I met the bird in person last month. Nearly took my ear off! Evil or Very Mad

You have two ears, don't you. Surely you wouldn't begrudge one for the nice birdie?! Twisted Evil Cool
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 05:44 pm
@margo,
The bird doesn't like Italians Cool

The crazy bird has turned into a lap bird, he has to be with one of us at all times. Confused

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2eb66hg.jpg
Ragman

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 08:48 am
@jcboy,
Great pix. Tnx for sharing.

Good to see your return.
jcboy

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 06:03 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you, Smile

That bird is a handful. He's like having four kids in the house Razz
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 06:20 pm
@jcboy,
can birds be housebroken? I always wanted a parrot. The only place Ive seen em is in some barber shops
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 06:40 pm
@farmerman,
Never heard of any bird getting housebroken. The people who owned birds were during my childhood, and that was only one family. They kept paper on the floor of the cage.
Our son had a small aquarium with a few gold fishes, that was was in his young teens.
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 07:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
actually I meant a parrot. I had a pet crow as a kid and he was housebroken. He learned early never to poop on the floor , thqt was the way he learnt to live in the house and watch tv nd follow me around. He would sit on my shoulder and nip at my ear if he needed a drink because my mom scared the **** out of him when she slammed a toilet bowl lid that almost splatted him. I almost had him crapping in the toilet till the lid incident. But he already used a litter pan that he took to very early and cover his dumps . Only little birds crap where they sleep.

An aunt on my dads side had a whole bunch of canaries and they made more dumps than a trash truck.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 07:27 pm
@farmerman,
I like birds. We see hummingbirds in our back yard some times (rarely), but did see some love birds. Mostly crows.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 07:28 pm
@jcboy,
PS, that is one cool looking bird. He has a look that says"Ive got something going on in my head and if you dont do what I want, you wont like what I can get into"
We hqve border collies that give off that same look
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 07:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't remember Fred, Dys and Diane's wonderful conure, as being house broken, not sure on that, but he was a swell pet. Much love going on there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conure (small or medium parrots, I take it)
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2017 07:41 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Many decades ago when I used to travel, on one of my trips to South Africa, we saw many birds. There was a small bookstore. I think it was at one of the hotels where we stayed, with a book on South African birds. There was only one, and a prof, Richard Pimentel, from Cal Poly (San Luis Obispo), picked it up before me, and purchased it. When we returned from the trip, he sent me a bird book.
On that same trip was a guy named Dan Piel. He was a graphic artist that once directed a Madison Avenue marketing firm, and was teaching at Cal Poly in the Graphic Arts department of the university. He sent me an original oil painting that now hangs in our entry hallway. He did a painting of John F Kennedy that now hangs at the Smithsonian.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 12:46 am
I've had six birds (parakeets/budgies) over the course of me life. None was house-trained. It never occurred to us to even try to house-train a boid.
jcboy

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 05:20 pm
@Roberta,
You know this bird has only done his business on his perch, in his cage or while he’s sitting outside. If he’s been on your shoulder too long and has to go he starts nibbling on your ear, that’s his way of telling. Cool