Dog stuck in mud

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 02:33 am
Did your dog ever get stuck in the mud? If so, how?

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 05:17 am
@wolfpackalpha,
1. No.

2. Not applicable.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 05:27 am
My dog drives a 4WD.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 05:39 am
They don't make mud deep enough to trap my dog.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 06:09 am
I found a little mud stuck in my dog once, but this is Korea, so I'd probably better not provide details...
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 09:33 am
@FBM,
dogs arent that stupid. They let the human go first and then decide if they want to get in.
I used to have 2 catahoulas who just loved to find a muddy beach up in Maine . They would roll around in the tidal muck and they knew exactly where it would be shallow enough for them to prance around. (Human clam diggers were always getting stuck and sometimes needed a fire company to get em out befpre the 30 ft tidal bore came up the bay).
Our dogs would love to gt all mucky and then theyd run back to camp and want to come in the house .

They loved getting hosed off also.
Miss those two clowns.
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 09:36 am
@farmerman,
In cae youve forgotten what a catahoula doggie looks like, they could be confused with a HELL HOUND.
Smart, evil, fun loving, most loyal dog out there.

Always figured stuff out bfore they lept

http://files.mom.me/photos/2015/05/01/122-101340-catahoula-leopard-dog-look-1430524163.jpg
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 10:55 am
@farmerman,
Characteristics :- Inquisitive, Gentle, Energetic, Intelligent, Loving, Independent.

Just add "occasionally inebriated" to that list and it looks just like my old school report.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 08:35 pm
@farmerman,
In my experience, catahoulas are some of the smartest dogs. Like you say, smarter than some people in certain ways. And they have their 4WD hubs locked in all the time, so they have that over us.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 08:49 pm
@farmerman,
Ah, farmer, that's a post I like.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 08:56 pm
When I was working, perhaps eight or ten years ago, a young man moved from an upstairs apartment. As he prepared to drive away, he told me there was a stray dog on the porch. Then he left. The dog was waiting patiently at the door, hoping to be let in. The guy obviously was abandoning him. He was a catahoula, about two years old. At first, I took him home. But I figured a dog like that deserved a better home, with a bigger yard. It took some time, but, I found him a good owner. I would have loved him, but it was the right thing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 09:53 pm
I remember Rojo, a dobie - she picked him up after he was tossed from a truck somewhere in the san gabrial freeway area, took him to vet, and he became her dog, after vet ops.
I never did attempt to scratch his nose, but he knew me.

Her sister raised dobies in Alaska, I gather a sweet line, lineage.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:59 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

In cae youve forgotten what a catahoula doggie looks like, they could be confused with a HELL HOUND.
Smart, evil, fun loving, most loyal dog out there.

Always figured stuff out bfore they lept

http://files.mom.me/photos/2015/05/01/122-101340-catahoula-leopard-dog-look-1430524163.jpg

#squeee! That guy's a beauty! Add that one to my bucket list of things to be reincarnated as in my next life/lives.
0 Replies