Ceramic sculpture in Holdsworth Galleries auction Woollarha, Sydney

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 05:48 pm
Hi,

I am looking for someone to help me out with some history and maybe a value for something i found in an op-shop in Sydney.

Its a ceramic sculpture of 2 figures standing next to each other. They have an identifier on the bottom as being part of a Holdsworth Galleries collection for which i have found the closing sale, it looks like there were some notable artists held by the gallery. ( http://www.nla.gov.au/ms/findaids/9153.html#inv )

The Holdsworth identifier has what looks like Jamie written as the artist and the title Figures. I cant seem to find any record of it. Hopefully this forum can help provide some history as to who the artist is....

Not looking to sell or anything. I quite like the figures regardless of worth. I am more interested in the story than anything else.

Thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,017 • Replies: 2
No top replies

angusgill

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 05:55 pm
@angusgill,
I get the feeling it might be Jamie Boyd who is listed on the galleries holding but i am not sure.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2016 08:31 am
@angusgill,
A photo of them with a couple of detail photos and photos of the base would be very helpful.

The auction prospectus is VERY interesting, I've never seen one those before. I really learned a bit from the limitations paragraph regarding confidentiality till 2027! Good stuff. That leads me to believe you might have something very special.
0 Replies