WHY DO SOME OPPOSE ANALYSES OF GUN DEATH DATA BY NIH??

parados

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 10:17 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I thought Baldimo answered your stupidity earlier. Obviously if you use different sized magazines you will have different results. That is not how rate of fire is figured though.

My stupidity? Obviously if you have different sized magazines you will have different results but that seems to be something that Baldimo, Oralloy and you have consistently tried to argue was not true. Do you have any other obvious things you want to spend several days arguing against before you finally admit it's obvious?
McGentrix

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 11:02 pm
@parados,
Do you have a proper idea of what the term "Fire rate" means now? Like I tell my kids, "Words mean things, use them properly."
snood

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:03 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

I wonder how many seconds it takes to exchange magazines? I don't think it's 45 seconds. My guess is less than 10.

It depends on whether they drop the magazine and they have to scramble after it.

Only if you're including retrieving the spent magazine in the time it takes to change a magazine. Dropping a magazine and popping in a new one can take 1 or 2 seconds.
parados

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:22 pm
@McGentrix,
Sure, because no one ever uses a gun beyond "effective" rate of fire, especially people using guns in mass shootings.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:28 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Sure, because no one ever uses a gun beyond "effective" rate of fire, especially people using guns in mass shootings.

What does this even mean?
parados

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:30 pm
@snood,
Yes, to drop a magazine takes no time at all. Getting another magazine requires practice. The more magazines the more time it takes to get them because they all end stored in a different location unless you are standing there with all of them on a table in front of you. Something that doesn't really happen in real world shooter situation.

2 seconds from last shot to first shot in next magazine is probably about as fast as even the most practiced can hope for. All the videos people posted on line show at least 2 seconds or longer by those showing us how fast it can happen.

I was referring to the person that drops the new magazine they are about to insert. Of course no one would ever do that.
parados

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:31 pm
@Baldimo,
Do you not know what effective rate of fire is?

Maybe you should ask McG.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:43 pm
@parados,
Sorry Parados, but since you have shown a lack of understanding in what "rate of fire" meant, you will have to explain "beyond effective rate of fire" means. It's your made up meaning, so explain it.
parados

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:46 pm
@Baldimo,
Not at all...
What do you think continuous rate of fire is?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:53 pm
@parados,
So which is it Parados? Continuous rate of fire or beyond effective rate of fire? I'm waiting for you to explain what you mean by these phrases.
parados

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 03:31 pm
@Baldimo,
If the effective rate of fire is 12-15 rounds per minute and the rapid rate of fire is 200 RPM. What rate of fire do you think is beyond effective rate of fire?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 04:14 pm
@parados,
You are indeed the first person to use such a BS phrase. It continues to show you know nothing about guns or how they work.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 08:09 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Yes, to drop a magazine takes no time at all. Getting another magazine requires practice. The more magazines the more time it takes to get them because they all end stored in a different location unless you are standing there with all of them on a table in front of you. Something that doesn't really happen in real world shooter situation.

2 seconds from last shot to first shot in next magazine is probably about as fast as even the most practiced can hope for. All the videos people posted on line show at least 2 seconds or longer by those showing us how fast it can happen.

I was referring to the person that drops the new magazine they are about to insert. Of course no one would ever do that.

Have you done any shooting? All this talk about time spent changing magazines just seems strange to me.

When I shoot my 40 cal pistol to qualify, the gun has a 15-round magazine inserted. I am wearing a gunbelt with a holster on one side and two magazine compartments each holding one 15-round clip on the other.

During firing, when given directions to fire enough rounds so that I need a magazine change during, I'd bet the action of dropping the spent magazine, and grabbing and inserting the fresh one takes a maximum of two seconds. You're supposed to be able to do it without taking your eyes off of your target. It's all done by feel, so you've placed the magazines and pouches in a position on the belt where they can be grabbed and inserted blindfolded.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2016 12:05 pm
@parados,
Are we talking about your effective rate of fire, my effective rate of fire or someone else's effective rate of fire? This is why I call your phrase BS. Depending on the shooter, they will have different effective rates of fire. Effective rate of fire is also the ability to hit your target. I can shoot off an entire clip of 15 rounds out of my Smith & Wesson MP .40 very quickly, in a few seconds, but it doesn't mean I'm going to hit my target, or I can take a more cautious pace and make sure all of my rounds hit the target. Both of those would fall under your use of "effective rate of fire".
0 Replies