Haven't heard from my depressed LDR boyfriend. I need closure!!

nezorf

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 06:37 pm
I am in a long distance relationship for over a year now, and we talk/text to each other everyday. I have been going through some financial difficulties lately and told him I would no longer be able to pay for his coming over to see me like I used to. He said that would´t be a problem. I also am going through some very hard personal things, which made me very sad and he was supportive. Out of the blue, however, he ceased all comunication with me and even blocked me on his phone so I can´t reach out to him, which came as a shock to me. When he finally made contact, he said he still loved me but was going through a hard time, been upset with his job and "other stuff" that I wasn´t made aware of. I told him I loved him and that he should take all the time he needed. Since then, no contact. It´s killing me. I cry all the time and have no idea what I should do. I told him if he wanted to break up with me and he said no, that he would tell me if he did. So now I am lost and don´t know what to do. Should I go on with my life and assume we broke up even though he said we are still a couple? But we don´t speak, we don´t text. I haven´t checked, but I´m pretty sure he blocked me again so I wouldn´t contact him. If I date someone else in the between, will I be cheating on him? Will he come back after his "dark time" is sorted out? Should I keep on giving him space? For how long? Please, I´m hurting, any advice will be appreciated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,751 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 06:50 pm
@nezorf,
With no texts, no calls, no contact, no support when you're down, and the guy isn't even around, you don't have a relationship.

You have a pen pal who has stopped contacting you.

He has his chance. He blew it.

Time to move on.

PS If you think his depression was severe enough that he could have been considering suicide, then I suggest you contact a mutual friend to at least assure the guy is okay. But afterwards, my advice still stands. There is nothing there to hold onto, sorry.
0 Replies