3

Real Estate Law

gollum

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 01:48 pm
If a property owner places a restrictive covenant in the deed to his property, does the restriction continue in perpetuity, long after his death no matter how many times the property changes hands?

4  
Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 01:52 pm
@gollum,
This is covered by bane of the existence of most law students - The Rule Against Perpetuities.

Don't ask me to explain it in depth. Like most people who have ever taken the Bar, you forget the details afterwards unless you do Real Estate practice.

0  
Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 03:16 pm
@gollum,
It depends on many things including city/county codes, but there are ways to get around some restrictive covenants by getting the approval of your neighbors -in writing. It's a good idea to get an attorney.
Sabeel

1  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 06:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
Its Good Reply....I agree with you....

Ticomaya

3  
Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 09:38 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Oooh. My favorite was The Rule in Shelley's Case, followed by The Doctrine of Worthier Title.

3  
Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 08:05 am
@Ticomaya,
Ack! Make it stop!