Need help with my hair! How to strip out box hair dye?

HeidiRx

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 05:14 pm
About 4 months ago, back in August, I went to a salon to lighten my dirty blonde hair to a plantium blonde, it was a horrible experience. She used 50 volume bleach (much to high I later found out) and my hair came out orange, toners did nothing and I was forced to use a dark brown color box dye to hide what she had done.
At first my hair looked black but now, 4 months later, my hair has lightened quite a lot. The box dye is fading to a reddish brown and towards my roots some blonde is showing. Its a terrible faded color and I hate how old I look with dark hair. I want blonde hair again but don't know where to start.

Should I try to strip the box dye out of my hair? Will a salon do this? I need help Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,782 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Annon

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 08:47 am
@HeidiRx,
I would suggest going to a salon (not the same one) so it can be done professionally and with the least amount of damage. If you’re set on doing it at home I would say you need to go get a color remover. Something like color oops. It will remove the dye left in your hair. It may look a bit weird and blotchy after this step but that’s normal. You would then need to bleach it to get it even and then apply your dye after. Be careful though as this can be quite damaging! I would honestly just go to a salon to be sure you don’t fry it by mistake.
ummelia

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 05:10 pm
@Annon,
I have dyed my natural blonde hair black and used two colour strippers and it is now a rusty brown colour. Is the only way to retrieve my natural blonde colour now bleaching it ?
0 Replies