Presidential nominees' VP picks?

blatham

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 09:19 pm
Quote:
Ready for Julián?
Practicing Spanish, taking advice from Bill Clinton, Castro builds his case to be Hillary's running mate.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/julian-castro-possible-vice-president-218119#ixzz3y2AQo3xU

Definite possibility
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 08:22 am
It just popped in my head, Hillary/Elizabeth Warren. It would be a great combination.
blatham

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 10:41 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
It just popped in my head, Hillary/Elizabeth Warren. It would be a great combination.

She's very bright and she's the opposite of lazy or careless. And she shares my notions of governance and the dangers of unregulated Wall St style greed. I suspect she'd be great.

But electability is an issue. We know what the right wing attacks would be because that's absolutely predictable and because we've already seen them. She could overcome that stuff as she did in her Senate race, in states that aren't insane. But there would be a reactionary response simply on the basis of sexism. Two powerful females on the ticket would be a hell of a leap for the US.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:50 pm
Elephants will fly before Clinton accepts a VP slot on any ticket. The only way she might, and it's a totally unlikely situation, is if Sanders promised her he would resign before his first term ended so you could ascend to the presidency and run from that position in 2020. Should this ever happen, I would advise Bernie to never go anywhere without a pair of Secret Service agents at his side...bathroom included.

Sanders would be a fool to accept the VP slot on a ticket with Clinton. Should they win the election, the second Clinton is sworn in, Bernie will be sent a shack in North Dakota to oversee the important effort to preserve American prairie grasses.

He'll spend whatever time Clinton's in the WH, deep in the shadows and totally without influence. Even if her presidency was to give her VP an advantage, after 8 years, Bernie will either be deceased or too old to run.

Clinton/Warren only makes sense if Hillary is desperate to recapture the left wing of her party.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 08:55 pm
@revelette2,
Warren refused to attend a coffee clatch for HRC; she was the only congressional female who refused to attend.

It ain't happnin.
0 Replies