Laptop won't boot from DBAN CD, turns off before BIOS

Cat80

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 03:10 pm
My laptop has a virus which prevents it from fully booting. It gets to the Acer logo, and then turns itself off, only to turn itself on again; it will do this on loop. I've decided to nuke the computer with DBAN (which I've burned onto a CD), but it won't boot from the CD, nor will it stay on long enough for me to access BIOS. Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,796 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 04:37 pm
Are you sure this is really a virus, and not some hardware issue?
Cat80

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 11:43 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Thanks for replying! Smile I brought it to a computer repair shop for a similar issue, and was told that the problem was the motherboard, so I bought a brand new motherboard. A month later the computer began to refuse to boot half of the time, simply turning itself on and off on loop. The same repair shop said that it was a virus, but I had already spent all of the money I could afford on the new hardware. Hence why I'm trying to fix it myself, despite not being very tech savvy. I ran DBAN once, but it didn't clean out the virus, and now my computer won't ever boot past the Acer logo, nor boot from the DBAN disc.
0 Replies