Acting schools in the USA

Itzal

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 03:54 pm
Hi,
I'm planning to move to the USA and I was wondering if anybody could recommend me a good acting school. I've already been 3 years in a method acting school (with an American teacher) and I just loved it! So I'd like to get in a method acting school or studio if possible. I know you have to audition for many of them. I'd just like a school or studio in which you get to act and work often (I've been told in some studios you get to do an exercise for 15min every 3 months, for example). Any advice and info will be welcome, even though it is another technique.
I really don't care where it is in the USA.
Thank you very much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,036 • Replies: 3

jespah

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 04:05 pm
@Itzal,
Ask your teacher! They will likely give the best advice as 1) they went to school somewhere, too, and 2) they know you and your abilities far better than we do.
Itzal

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 04:34 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for the answer, I really appreciate it. The thing is I live in Spain, and my teacher hasn't been in the States for like 30 or 20 years, so she's kinda lost when it comes to schools. That's why I was asking here, 'cause I'm completely lost.
jespah

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 05:16 pm
@Itzal,
Hmm you might want to look up some actors you respect, see where they went, then.

Sorry I can't be more help.
0 Replies