The meek or the ruthless: who prevails in the end?

Glennn

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 12:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The only way way that Anthony is going to be found is if he shows up in my vomit. And so far, my stomach remains quite settled. He chewed up nicely; not tough at all.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 12:46 pm
@Glennn,
'kay.
Glennn

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2016 04:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's 'kay, sir!
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 03:49 pm
@Tuna,
The intelligent prevail, which means putting the ruthless in their place. All nations and needs of categorization should be opposed (the two only exist in the first place because of the ruthless).
0 Replies

Gynaa

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 07:22 pm
@Tuna,
well, in my opinion, everyone who wants to manipulate others is ruthless. if you think people who conquer other individuals by the force of violence, then we are talking the different topics.
nowadays people, especially goverments,are willing to use some soft power to achieve their control of others, such as delivering a speech and giving something preferential. in fact,there is little use of violence against the enemies. i don't know wheather the usa often choose wars or other weapons to control another poor country. ok. i hope i don't confuse you. i want to say that even some people survive by displaying their vulnerability and broadcasting love, maybe they are still ruthless people. people can pretend themselves with a nice side. maybe someone who appears to be kind and gentle is exactly the one who doesn't care others at all. so i want to say the ruthlessness will be the fittest, especially for hypocritical people
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 07:50 pm
The ruthless have cursed themselves. They can't maintain their identity and sanity unless they believe that there are no such things as ethics, morals, integrity, self respect, and growth. It's called selling your soul for something you thought had great value, but turned out to be nothing more than dust in the end. And that dust is something that they can't shake, and will be reflected in everything around them. How could it be otherwise?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 08:02 pm
@Glennn,
Pretty well stated. I would also add that many ruthless people have usually sold their souls for money, disregarding ethics and morality. In the end, it's more important to have good family and friends, not money. It's a difficult path for many, who may have a choice between the two. I think, inheritance to wealth is not the best way to leading a good life, although there are some examples where inheritance made them generous and caring people for others.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 08:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well said fully agree Cic!
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 08:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So true. What one values most is their master.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 09:05 pm
@Glennn,
I am very worried about the meekless.
Glennn

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 09:29 pm
@glitterbag,
If only everyone could be ruthful, the meekless would fade into the sunlight, never to be seen again.
roger

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 10:20 pm
@Glennn,
I don't even know what a *meekless is, let alone whether they should fade. I think she made it up.

*my spellchecker doesn't know, either.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 10:33 pm
@roger,
I think you just insulted me. I don't make things up, I'm creative.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 10:34 pm
@glitterbag,
I forgot to include 'Harumpph'.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 03:25 am
According to Game Theory, the "meek" will win, collaboration is a smart strategy...just not sure what they will win other than the survival game.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 04:22 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
...Don't be a stupid "meek"...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 06:40 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:

According to Game Theory, the "meek" will win, collaboration is a smart strategy...just not sure what they will win other than the survival game.

Strange we as a people haven’t figured that out, not on anything from interpersonal to international relationships.

And according to most here, survival is the only game there is.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 10:16 am
@Leadfoot,
People are bluntly put, dumb as ****! I am not a genius nor do I need to be one to see that much. I am just a little bit less stupid than usual...

PS - The great revelation of this new interconnected world we live in, was above anything else, to bring to plain sight in these past 20 years or so, just how much of a stupid doomed species we are!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 10:37 am
@Leadfoot,
To the point, a great extinction is not only coming for animals and plants...IMO stupidity will be flushed out in a scale never seen before pretty soon. Hopefully, as it has happened 35.000 years ago the ones left standing will be the ones who UNDERSTAND the value in cooperating with each other even better than they did in the past, after all, Nature is all about saving energy, just pay attention how electricity runs in a closed circuit with two different paths. The smaller one conducts the energy. As usual, it boils down to Physics.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 10:40 am
@Leadfoot,
...you see the problem of the world is not "evil" just stupidity!