toored

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 02:41 pm
i have a well .would like to add a acid neutralizer and a water softener system.my househas 3 full baths 1 half bath. 2 to 4 people , 2 most of the time.large soak tub. water is 3 hardness ,ph 5.5 ,tds 59 ppm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 719 • Replies: 6
No top replies

toored

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:06 pm
what media is needed in the neutralizer to get ph to 7?

Georgia marble, calcite, other bedding? Thanks
farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 05:11 pm
@toored,
any form of a CA Mg Carbonate. Marble is ok, I use Dolomite because its not as soluble as calcite or limestone or marble. It lasts for a good 6 months on a 100 gal tank. (We only have 2 people in the houe full-time and occasional visitations from the younger.)
We run a fairly large stock farm and keep the water to the fields on a water level seris of faucet controllers. (We will use about 10 gal a day pwr each sheep n maybe 25 gpd per steer. We MUST have water that is copper free-because copper causes anemia in the sheep (not the cattle though).

Our well can produce about 40 gpm with about 10 ft of drawdown (Its a great yield). We are, hoqever, in a metamorphic rock belt made up of micaceous layers so its fairly acidic naturally (Itll buffer itself on anything you have that is metal, so if its a new house I hope you put in PVC pipes for water, in the house)

You should find out your wells yield because if its low you probably have metals in solution s your hardness and TDS.

Our pH was 5.5 with copper and with a 100 lb CaMgCO3 "kibble size" charge AND a GAC filter and a tubular final" final polish" filter , we have great water.
0 Replies

melvingcrane

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 01:24 am
@toored,
Hey there, you can use calcite neutralizer, also along with that you can use calcite & corosex blend neutralizer, upflow neutralizer, soda ash feed pump injection system.
toored

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 10:31 am
@melvingcrane,
thanks gac filter? can you tell me more about the soda ash injection. what if ph doesnt get to 7 ph. i am being told 5.5 will be tough w/calcite 70/30 mix . soda ash my be ok. i know nothing about it yet . i am going to get my equipment on line after i decide? any suggestions on brands or places to buy. thanks!
0 Replies

saovietxulynuoc

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 08:14 pm
Soda or natri hydroxit take PH increasing so you can use soda or natri hydroxit to increase PH
0 Replies

Fest1985

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 09:31 am
Soda will be good to increase ph of water.
0 Replies