toored

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 02:41 pm
i have a well .would like to add a acid neutralizer and a water softener system.my househas 3 full baths 1 half bath. 2 to 4 people , 2 most of the time.large soak tub. water is 3 hardness ,ph 5.5 ,tds 59 ppm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 5,016 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

toored

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:06 pm
what media is needed in the neutralizer to get ph to 7?

Georgia marble, calcite, other bedding? Thanks
farmerman

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 05:11 pm
@toored,
any form of a CA Mg Carbonate. Marble is ok, I use Dolomite because its not as soluble as calcite or limestone or marble. It lasts for a good 6 months on a 100 gal tank. (We only have 2 people in the houe full-time and occasional visitations from the younger.)
We run a fairly large stock farm and keep the water to the fields on a water level seris of faucet controllers. (We will use about 10 gal a day pwr each sheep n maybe 25 gpd per steer. We MUST have water that is copper free-because copper causes anemia in the sheep (not the cattle though).

Our well can produce about 40 gpm with about 10 ft of drawdown (Its a great yield). We are, hoqever, in a metamorphic rock belt made up of micaceous layers so its fairly acidic naturally (Itll buffer itself on anything you have that is metal, so if its a new house I hope you put in PVC pipes for water, in the house)

You should find out your wells yield because if its low you probably have metals in solution s your hardness and TDS.

Our pH was 5.5 with copper and with a 100 lb CaMgCO3 "kibble size" charge AND a GAC filter and a tubular final" final polish" filter , we have great water.
0 Replies

melvingcrane

Sat 26 Dec, 2015 01:24 am
@toored,
Hey there, you can use calcite neutralizer, also along with that you can use calcite & corosex blend neutralizer, upflow neutralizer, soda ash feed pump injection system.
toored

Sat 26 Dec, 2015 10:31 am
@melvingcrane,
thanks gac filter? can you tell me more about the soda ash injection. what if ph doesnt get to 7 ph. i am being told 5.5 will be tough w/calcite 70/30 mix . soda ash my be ok. i know nothing about it yet . i am going to get my equipment on line after i decide? any suggestions on brands or places to buy. thanks!
0 Replies

saovietxulynuoc

Tue 19 Jul, 2016 08:14 pm
Soda or natri hydroxit take PH increasing so you can use soda or natri hydroxit to increase PH
0 Replies

Fest1985

Tue 6 Sep, 2016 09:31 am
Soda will be good to increase ph of water.
0 Replies

bellajeri

Wed 19 Apr, 2017 10:24 pm
I am planning to add a water softener to my home since we have hard water problems. I plan to also run a separate line off the softener so I can wash my cars.

I am also planning on buying a electromagnetic water softener which my plumber recommends. This will allow it to be run through the entire house and be used for cooking, ice cubes and drinking.

Have any of you had any experience with this kind of softener instead of the typical salt based systems.

Thanks!
Bella
0 Replies