Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 04:08 pm
I posted the other day my story. To make a long story short. I was cheated on by my wife. I love her she loves me and we are working if out. I have never been a quiter. It's been about 3 months since I was told of the affair. The mental imagines have become less often and thwy do have less negative effect on me as I am able to stay focused and most time stop them when they start. They are also alot less sexual of nature then they used to be. I more see her texting him while I was next to her or her driving to meet him. Sometime I still see her during the act but it's different he is not there. It's like I am floating over her. All I see is she face. What I am asking is anyone who has gone through this (ting to work it out) do they ever stop 100 percent and or any advice on how to stop then quicker. I understand everyone is different but how long did it take for them to be gone if they ever do.

Thanks again to everyone here for staying positive. I hope in the future I can help someone going through this as you guys have helped me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,007 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 06:13 pm
@ssharpe11,
This is one of the many things counseling is for. Talk to an impartial professional.
ssharpe11

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 06:59 pm
@jespah,
Thanks you jespah. I have been doing that. I might need to try someone else. He has been good in some aspects but all he tells me for that one is breathing techs. Which have little effect. I might look at doing a few more meeting with him then try someone else. Maybe they will have some different ideas.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 07:01 pm
@ssharpe11,
Tell the counsellor that you need something more directly useful. If he can't offer you something different, ask your g.p. for a referral to someone else.
ssharpe11

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 07:53 pm
@ehBeth,
I never thought of talking to me gp. Thanks so much for the advice. I am so happy to have found this place. This has been the hardest time of my life. I only know three stats of being over the top happy numb to everything or could cry at the drop of a hat. I always concidered myself a pretty mentally strong person that understood himself but this has proven me so wrong. Hearing the advices and comments from this community has been a great aid to me nit feeling so along sometime. I will keep checking new post and hope someday I will be able to help someone feel the same way.
0 Replies

donna downing

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 04:49 am
Hey

I'm sorry to hear about what your wife did to you. My honest opinion, I believe that you still have feelings for her that's why there are still lingering feelings and you still have mental images of her. Your feelings sugar coat the images into something less offensive because you love her still. I do hope you recover from the heartbreak soon. Your wife did you wrong and you don't deserve to be treated that way. I hope you find someone better. Smile
CoastalRat

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 08:54 am
@donna downing,
Donna, I think you missed the part where he wrote that they are working things out.

Ssharpe11, the mind is a tricky thing. I believe that every now and then something will trigger a memory and you will think about what she did for you. The trick is handling it in such a way that the memory does not affect you and your wife's current, restored relationship. Hopefully your current counselor or a new one can help.
ssharpe11

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 04:15 pm
@CoastalRat,
Thank you. There are getting better where I see them but they have less and less effect on my mood. We are doing well and moving forward
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 03:30 pm
@ssharpe11,
Can we change the past? No.
Should we live in the past? No.
Each step of the present takes us into the future.

The most important part, is, the, future.

Stay positive and live in the present .
0 Replies