IF THE (REAL) CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE EXISTS , WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR US ?

manden

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 12:28 pm
Out of his existence follows logically , that we have to treat his creation as well as possible - to live in real harmony with his creation .
THAT IS IT ! Let us do it by now .

Lordyaswas

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 02:34 pm
@manden,
I do wish that you would stop blundering round this place opening up new rambling threads willy nilly and generally being a bossy pain in the rectum.

It is very wearing, you know.

Personally I would prefer it if you took your obsessive behaviour somewhere else.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 03:48 pm
@manden,
Why do they put coconut on a German Chocolate cake???
FBM

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 07:24 pm
@farmerman,
Ich weiß nicht , warum?
neologist

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 07:59 pm
@manden,
manden wrote:
Out of his existence follows logically , that we have to treat his creation as well as possible - to live in real harmony with his creation .
THAT IS IT ! Let us do it by now .
I am kind to dogs. Also my neighbors. And I like chipmunks.
Anything else?
FBM

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 08:12 pm
@neologist,
The Chipmunks, or chipmunks in general? Cuz they're different, y'know...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 08:15 pm
@FBM,
Immer eine neue Frage, nicht war?
FBM

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 08:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Google Translate nicht die Antwort wissen . Kokosnuss auf deutsche Schokolade? Wink
ehBeth

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 08:31 pm
@FBM,
sollte es nicht ein Kuchen sein?

http://cdn-image.myrecipes.com/sites/default/files/styles/300x300/public/image/app/german-chocolate-ck-222774-xl.jpg?itok=H5n4yLiH
ehBeth

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 08:33 pm
@ehBeth,
<speaking of the real creator>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_chocolate_cake

Contrary to popular belief, German chocolate cake did not originate in Germany. Its roots can be traced back to 1852 when American Samuel German developed a type of dark baking chocolate for the American Baker's Chocolate Company. The brand name of the product, Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate, was named in honor of him.

On June 3, 1957, a recipe for "German's Chocolate Cake" appeared as the "Recipe of the Day" in the Dallas Morning News.[2] It was created by Mrs. George Clay, a homemaker from 3831 Academy Drive, Dallas, Texas.[2] This recipe used the baking chocolate introduced 105 years prior and became quite popular. General Foods, which owned the Baker's brand at the time, took notice and distributed the cake recipe to other newspapers in the country. Sales of Baker's Chocolate are said to have increased by as much as 73% and the cake would become a national staple. The possessive form (German's) was dropped in subsequent publications, forming the "German Chocolate Cake" identity and giving the false impression of a German origin.[3][4][5]

The recipe still remains popular to this day and has been adopted by baking companies.

June 11 is National German Chocolate Cake Day in America.[6]

schade
FBM

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 08:35 pm
@ehBeth,
I haven't eaten cake in years, but even when I did, that was one of my least favorites. Not exactly yuck, but I wouldn't call it yum, either.
ehBeth

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 09:18 pm
@FBM,
I'd never even heard of them before Fman's mention of them. Seems like an intensely sweet combo. Not my thing. Give me a nice spicy Speculaas instead.

http://www.dutchancestrycoach.com/Pix/Head/speculaas.jpg
FBM

Thu 17 Dec, 2015 09:59 pm
@ehBeth,
The GC cake may be more of a Southern thing, I'm not sure. I googled up a recipe for Speculaas cookies. That would be more along my line, too. A lot more interesting to the palate than just ka-blam! sugary sweetness. That said, I rarely eat any sort of sweets anymore, despite handing them out to my students almost every class day.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 18 Dec, 2015 12:04 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

I haven't eaten cake in years, but even when I did, that was one of my least favorites. Not exactly yuck, but I wouldn't call it yum, either.

Wait! What?!
#Icanteven!
http://i66.tinypic.com/4trd6a.gif
FBM

Fri 18 Dec, 2015 06:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/eusa_shifty.gif
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Fri 8 Jan, 2016 04:52 pm
I am way late to this, but "German chocolate cake" does not originate in Germany. We truly have some of the best cakes there are in Germany - none of them look like this and none of them are sweet like Americans either.

Now Spekulatius cookies are divine ....love them! Trader Joe's has some really good ones.

On that note, I'll make a clementine cake now!!
farmerman

Fri 8 Jan, 2016 05:16 pm
@CalamityJane,
ACtually it originated in Austria but it was during the Anschluss
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 8 Jan, 2016 05:55 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
I am way late for this. . .
Yeah, sorry.
The cake is all gone.