Please, I need some help...

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:03 am
I'm currently worried that old messages I've sent on facebook messenger are going to come back to haunt me. They were sent over a year ago, and I no longer talk to this person, but Its come to my knowledge this person has kept them and may show them to other people. The steps I've taken so far are...

1) changed my name on facebook, adding in an incorrect middle initial and incorrect last name so they atleast wont look like mine if they get shown
2)I then blocked the user
3) I have now scheduled my account for a permanent deletion in 14 days.

My question is, will the name on the messages in the other persons inbox ever change from my name to something like "facebook user" or "anonymous user". I know they wont delete, the only way is for that other person is to delete them automatically, but if atleast the name on the messages changes to "facebook user" then hopefully that will get this person to leave me alone.

Any help is appreciated xxx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,261 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:20 am
@BillyBoy456789,
If you're worried about them showing the messages to other people, recognize that they could have copy/pasted those messages into a Word document last year.
BillyBoy456789

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:25 am
@jespah,
I've already thought about that, but I'm just concerned about these. Theres not much I can do if that has happened, although I'm pretty sure they haven't been copied...
0 Replies