Who do you think will be the next president of the United States?

Lash

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 05:29 am
@gungasnake,
He can run circles around you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 05:30 am
I figure it will be Hillary Clinton squeaking out a victory over Marco Rubio. It will be close...but Hillary Clinton, and the nation in my opinion, is the winner.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e2/43/00/e24300eb81ffdc40b2253383830ed69d.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:39 am
@Joedoe6,
Joedoe6 wrote:

Barry will be our last president and will have the honor of starting WW3 like the well-behaved puppet he is

Who the frak is Barry? Are you referring to Bernie Sanders? Rolling Eyes
engineer

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:40 am
@tsarstepan,
"Barry" is a diminutive the radical right applies to our current President.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:41 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

My heart says Bernie will win.

My head says Hillary will win. Hillary has the political, media and financial ties and she isn't ashamed to use them to every advantage. Just look at how DWS is cooking the debate schedule.

The Republicans are tearing themselves apart (which is kind of fun to watch). My odds on favorite is Cruz, the only other possibility is Rubio. Neither of them have much of a chance of winning the general elections, especially after the mess of the Republican primary.

But on the Democratic side the fix is in.

Hillary, I am afraid, will be our next president.

This is pretty much paralleling my sentiments.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:12 am
@tsarstepan,
http://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.14919.1381612601!/image/3260153129.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/3260153129.jpg
Miller

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:22 am
Mrs Clinton will run against Trump, and she'll win.

As far as all the nonsense, above, there is no way that Sanders will beat Mrs. Clinton. If Vermont loves the guy, why not let them keep him. He's a short little guy with a very red face and a very big, big, big mouth.

If he should be the one, who has to face Trump in the polls, Tumrp will win big time. If Mrs Clinton is the one (which I know she will be) to run against Trump, she'll be the victor.

Tell me please...why do so many males on A2K think an intelligent woman such as Mrs Clinton can't and won't be our next President?

A few fools thought Warren would run... No way, could she beat the lovely, Mrs. Clinton. Recall, again that Massachusetts elected Mrs Clinton, when she ran against Obama.

Mrs. Clintonl will be sitting pretty in the White House, laughing all the while...After all "The Girl Can't help it".

(Now guys knock youself out by hitting that little old DOWN button!) Drunk
Miller

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:24 am
@Miller,
Does Sanders have skin cancer, or are those just weird-looking freckles?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:27 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Barack is the President...Barry is the guy who went to Columbia University and tried to be the cool guy on Broadway!!
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:37 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Tell me please...why do so many males on A2K think an intelligent woman such as Mrs Clinton can't and won't be our next President?

Looking at the posts above, it looks like the males on A2K are picking Clinton.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 08:51 am
@engineer,
Miller,

Would you Clinton if she weren't a woman?

If there were a male candidate who supported the Iraq war, had ties to Wall Street, ethical questions, and who flip flopped on important issues from same-sex marriage to prison reform... would this candidate still have your support?

(If you supported the Clinton I, then I believe you).

For the record, I would have strongly supported Elizabeth Warren, and I am holding to the faintest of hopes of a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Hillary Clinton would not be considered a strong candidate in most circumstances.

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 09:34 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

http://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.14919.1381612601!/image/3260153129.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/3260153129.jpg

Barry Goldwater? That new member is a nutjob if he wants a zombie running for president.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 09:36 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Thanks. More reason to hate the Republican base I guess.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 09:51 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Hillary Clinton would not be considered a strong candidate in most circumstances.

She is a strong candidate because of the field of candidates that the GOP have running.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 10:20 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
She is a strong candidate because of the field of candidates that the GOP have running.

I am talking about the fact that Hillary wouldn't be a strong candidate in the Democratic primary in most circumstances.

She has used her political connections and her husband's connections to rig the nomination process in her favor. All of the better candidates, except for Bernie, saw how the system was being manipulated and decided it wasn't worth fighting an unfair fight.
BillRM

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 11:41 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
connections and her husband's connections to rig the nomination process in her favor

She rig it how as any number of high rated Democrats including the Vic President was free to challenge her.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 12:48 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

She has used her political connections and her husband's connections to rig the nomination process in her favor.

I don't think that is "rigging", I think that is politics. But if you think she is so powerful, how well did that work eight years ago?

The old line Democrats who have met and got a chance to know Clinton actually like her and her positions - a lot. Maybe I would like her more if I met her personally. I would like her more if she actually kept to her position on the Trans Pacific trade deal and made a better argument for her change in position on the Keystone XL pipeline. I would like her a lot more if she were less interested in sending US servicemen overseas at the drop of a hat. All that said, I like her a lot more than any Republican running (I might like Kasich if I met him on the street). Sanders could win me over, I like his fire and his positions based on first principles. I don't agree with those who say Sanders can't win against a Republican. We'll see how the primary season goes.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 12:51 pm
I just gotta say something I NEVER thought I would say about the machinations of this early campaign:

The sharpest political move thus far made by any candidate on either side of the aisle...was the posting of the Maniac video from Flashdance in response to Trumps comments about Cruz.

If Cruz thought that up himself...my compliments. It was brilliant.

If the idea originated with an underling...I would suggest that Hillary Clinton do everything she can to hire that person out from Ted Cruz...no matter the cost.

The move itself was sheer brilliance. It is helping to humanize a guy who badly needs to look more human...despite the fact that just a few days ago, I would have thought that job to be impossible.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 01:20 pm
My heart is with Bernie Sanders too - he could make it if he got more media coverage than Hilary. It's unbelievable how manipulative the press is in this country. If it weren't for social media, you'd never hear what Bernie is up to or where he's campaigning. Sanders popularity is strictly a social media phenomena - a good one the other candidates shouldn't underestimate, but I am afraid it won't be enough.

The lesser evil is definitely Hilary to any Republican. They've always had peculiar candidates but this time around, they outdid themselves. Rubio? He's still green behind his ears and his concept is on very shaky grounds. Cruz ? He'll say anything that was suggested by the Koch Brothers. Trump? He's the male equivalent to the Kardashians. He represents what's wrong with this country.
0 Replies