Is Kobe having the worst season in NBA history?

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 07:40 pm
I'm sure there have been other players who have done less in a season, but this has to be the record for causing your team the most harm all time. Tonight his FG% for the season dipped below 30%. This must be the worst shooting season of all time.

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 07:48 pm
@Robert Gentel,

pitiful so far, but he's only played -- what -- 16, 17 games?

he's too good a shooter to stay down around 30%.

by season's end, he should up around his career 45%...
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 07:58 pm
@Region Philbis,
No way he gets above 40%. He is gunning and doesn't give a hoot, I don't see him getting any better nor having any more self awareness.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:02 pm
@Robert Gentel,

could be -- i haven't seen him play yet this year.

good players generally tend to figure things out and keep slumps to a minimum.

great players usually want to go out on top, or at least not stink up the joint...
Ragman

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:03 pm
@Robert Gentel,
It'd be mighty big of him to stop playing before season's end. and then refund the balance of his pay for this year.

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:05 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
great players usually want to go out on top, or at least not stink up the joint...

I wish his ego would let him go out gracefully, but he just wants as many points as he can and doesn't care about team or teammates. Seems to have the green light from the organization and coach as they are in taking mode. I find it disgraceful.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:07 pm
@Ragman,
No need for him to retire, and I am fine with him collecting his paycheck. But he's taking shots from better young players who need the development. It's a fitting end for how he has always played (he only wants to win if it's his way and prefers to shoot more and lose more in a lost season than play good basketball).
Ragman

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:09 pm
@Robert Gentel,
You gotta be amazed at someone with that much confidence and ego.

I'd say that his bloated salary relinquishment might allow the Lakers to find and reward some young or even established talent, but frankly the way Lakers have done things from the standpoint of management, they'd mess that up as badly as they did finding at selecting the right coach and manager.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:10 pm
@Ragman,
I take a pretty dim view of it (and him, if you can't yet tell).
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:14 pm
@Robert Gentel,
He played 25 minutes today for 5 points.....pretty much sums it up cause he sure aint there for his defense.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:14 pm
@Robert Gentel,
The sooner the Lakers see the end of his career, the sooner they can reload. I seriously doubt that he'll reach 40% shooting. Defensively, he's a liability.

The NBA suffers when Lakers aren't a strong contending team.
engineer

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:44 pm
He announced his retirement in poem

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/29/457803168/kobe-bryant-announces-resignation-in-the-form-of-a-poem
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:45 pm
@engineer,
Was well written, should deflect a lot of the criticism for his play that he had been getting.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:47 pm
@Ragman,
They missed on the free agents, him being around isn't in the way of them getting better right now (honestly the perverse incentives of the draft might mean he is helping them get there by being so very bad). But that they are so openly tanking and allowing him to be a bad teammate is bad sportsmanship.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 08:51 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
They missed on the free agents,

At this point I am convinced that free agents have been passing not because of Kobe being there, but because of the management that is there. Kobe leaving will not help that. And they dont know how to develop talent either. I think they need to make Jeanie the boss, and it will take her 3-5 years to get this team back into shape to go all the way. In that amount of time of suckage LA largely becomes a Clippers town.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 09:53 pm
@Region Philbis,
This is not some slump that will one day go away. He is not going to get any better. This is the player he has become. He is old by basketball years. He has had severe injuries and surgeries in the later part of career. Over the course of his career Kobe will go down as one of the greatest basketball players of all time. Father time has caught up with him.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2015 06:17 am
@Robert Gentel,
Let's say you were a free agent and had some decent choices of where you wanted to go. You sure as hell wouldn't look at the Lakers.

Let's say, you're a West Coast kind of guy and love the Lakers., you might want to start your career with the Lakers. Who would want to stand in the shadow of Kobe who is no mentor at all, to say the least or endure the confusion and chaos of the Buss-Fuss?

Until Jeannie takes over the reins, it's likely to remain on the bottom. Sad state of affairs.
0 Replies

chirchri

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 07:08 pm
Even Kobe Bryant doesn't score 25 points every game...
chirchri

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 07:11 pm
Kobe's in it for rings all the time.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 07:17 pm
@chirchri,

he retired last year...