Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:47 pm
This site hasn't kept up with the times and is frozen in time nearly a decade ago. We haven't had much time to dedicate to this but intend to start another rewrite soon.

Each time things change we hear a lot about how "I never heard this was coming" so we are going to start talking about it now, even if it might still be a year or so away.

A2k sucks, it is being rewritten.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 42 • Views: 24,338 • Replies: 563
Topic Closed

roger

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:50 pm
@Robert Gentel,
As you might recall, I do not welcome change. Still, it would be nice to post and use the back button to return to thread instead of tediously wading back through my own reply box. I recall the reason was to restrict the one line posts, but it hasn't made any difference, and it shouldn't.
Robert Gentel

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:51 pm
@roger,
Not sure I follow, could you explain?
roger

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:54 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I'll try. I make a post and want to return to the thread I posted on. The back button instead leads me back through the post I just made instead of directly back to the thread. I know, it's only a single extra click. I guess I'm easily annoyed.
Robert Gentel

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:57 pm
@roger,
When I post it takes me to the post I replied to, I don't have to go back to the topic. I haven't used the site much in a long time, so maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: I think I get what you mean, you miss the old "quick reply" and yeah something like that is definitely coming back.

Man, using this site is like using the internet a decade ago.
RABEL222

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 11:12 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Leave it alone. It is one of the few sites that I can use without using a how to book.
roger

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 11:43 pm
@RABEL222,
Yes. As I mentioned, I don't welcome change.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 11:50 pm
@RABEL222,
Not in the cards, unfortunately. But we don't intend to make it harder to use. We intend to update it so that it can more easily be used on mobile etc for example.
InfraBlue

Tue 1 Dec, 2015 11:51 pm
mark
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 12:01 am
http://i.imgur.com/CkYTXCkb.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 12:36 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Not in the cards, unfortunately. But we don't intend to make it harder to use. We intend to update it so that it can more easily be used on mobile etc for example.

The layout of the current is crap on my Windows phone.
0 Replies

Ragman

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 12:37 am
@Robert Gentel,
FWIW, making the interface respond to mobile apps is probably wise and useful to many users with I-Pads and tablets etc. I'm sure that's pretty labor-intensive. Must be lots of tablets and I-Pads in the gene pool and coming on board.

Using A2K on my I-phone is of dubious value due to me due to the limited real-estate displayed. At least with 4G it's not slow. Though, I feel my eyes glaze over while trying to read a reply or thread, much less composing to reply to a thread. However, that's not the whole enchilada, I realize. Not a walk in the park -- rotating the iPhone to read horizontal line of text and read the comments. For me mobile means replying to PM or read-only.
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 01:51 am
I wouldn't have missed a frozen moment.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 02:01 am
Get rid of down-voting, and get rid of tag wars.
roger

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 02:05 am
@gungasnake,
Maybe so, but keep the up votes?
Setanta

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 03:05 am
In honor of your post, i just voted it up.
0 Replies

FBM

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 03:10 am
It's a pain in the arse on my android, too. I'd welcome any changes that would make that easier.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 04:27 am

https://i.imgflip.com/btx8n.jpg
FBM

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 04:43 am
@Region Philbis,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/coffeescreen.gif Doge!

Which reminds me. I wish we had a lot more smileys to choose from. I'm stealing them from another forum.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Wed 2 Dec, 2015 04:47 am
@roger,
Quote:
I make a post and want to return to the thread I posted on. The back button instead leads me back through the post I just made instead of directly back to the thread.
on some browsers (ie. Chrome), you can hold down the back button and navigate back to a previous page without clicking thru the other pages...

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vj8z69.jpg