It's hard to be right most of the time

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 07:48 am
If you're right in an arguement most of the time, how can you evade people saying "Ofc you just can't be wrong can you?" when you prove your point?

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 08:18 am
Just don't argue with people all the time, unless you want people to think you are an asshole. It's immature to want to always be right.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 08:29 am
@benyovszki4,
It's pretty easy to be wrong. Why don't you try it?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 08:40 am
@benyovszki4,
Are people saying that because they have conclusively proven you wrong and you refuse to accept it? Just because you have a firmly held opinion doesn't mean you are "right".
maxdancona

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 08:45 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Just because you have a firmly held opinion doesn't mean you are "right".

Are you sure about that, Engineer?
oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 01:25 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes yeux noirs wrote:
Just don't argue with people all the time, unless you want people to think you are an asshole. It's immature to want to always be right.

I run into the same problem as the OP myself sometimes. Just because someone IS right nearly all the time, doesn't mean they are "wanting" to always be right.

Good advice though. Triage the corrections. If it is not so important to correct someone, just don't speak up.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 01:47 pm
It took me a long time, decades in fact, to realise that even if you are almost always right, it may be sometimes be prudent to conceal the fact. Just to blend in.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 04:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Since you disagree, start a thread.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2015 07:09 pm
@engineer,
I was just joking with you engineer. Of course you are right about that.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It's hard to be right most of the time
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:49:00