We're Ross and Rachel.. but we dont work out help please :c

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:01 pm
So I've been dating this girl for 2 years now. We're complete opposites. I'm the starting shooting guard on my university basketball team and she's a nerd haha Smile. But i've always liked nerds. She always talks about how her friends tell her Im out of her league and she thinks im out of her league. Throughout the 2 years there has been 4 guys now that have gotten in between us. Flirting and physical contact. But no cheating or kissing. I always give her another chance even after the long fights because I really love her and she cries a lot and says she wont flirt with anyone again. It will take too long to explain all of the stories so I will just explain the last one. She "punched" her friends dick and he slaps her ass. But "its not flirting because they are brother and sister". They hang out all day with another girl. Is it wrong that that makes me mad? should your girlfriend let other guys slap her ass? I dont even know. She has the worst dad I've ever seen and her mom is not supportive at all. Since we met and I saw both of her parents I made myself a promise to not hurt her and make her happy. But she keeps hurting me... And I feel like I'm letting her down by leaving her because her dad is brutal. It makes me sad when I think about her father treating her like ****. I would defend her from her parents when they treat her like ****. She's not the best looking girl I know but I fell for her and I want to make her happy, never felt that way about anyone in my life. She would always tell me im the most important person in her life and i don't want to take that away from her. Some advice would be great thanks.

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:27 pm
@GoldenStateW,
You are under no obligation to continue dating this girl just because her father is a jerk. In fact, you are not even under an obligation to keep dating her if her father is physically or sexually abusing her (although you should call the cops in either instance).

She has pretty obvious problems creating and enforcing physical boundaries on her person.

You have (presumably reasonably) asked her about it, and your concerns have essentially been laughed off.

Uh, why are you still with her, again?
GoldenStateW

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 04:34 pm
@jespah,
I've had great parents and my family is somewhat wealthy. She comes from a poor family and has had a very bad childhood. I just felt like I could make her really happy and make her life better. I guess I fell in love because I never feel that way about other girls. I'm finding it really hard to leave her. She hasn't had sex with anyone and she hasn't kissed anyone. She always tells me what happens even when she knows I will be mad. Thats what kept me staying. She tells me she knows she has problems and that she wants to change and make us work because she can't lose the best thing in her life. Is this my fault? is the problem too minuscule to be breaking up over? I'm so confused.
jespah

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 07:25 pm
@GoldenStateW,
It is not your job to fix her.
Paulstev

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 09:00 am
@jespah,
+1
It's true, don't take it upon yourself.
0 Replies