Facebook hacked, password changed- can't access emails

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 04:36 am
My old Facebook page has been hacked (i know his as new friends accepted were shown on my home page). I have kept this Facebook account as i have 100's of photos and just information I would like to keep- yes I should have saved them all. I then tried to log back into my account (something I do every now and again, so I know my password) however the password has been changed, and in order to regain access the only option was to send a reset to my OLD hotmail account- of which I have ridiculously failed my own security(no I do not know who i messaged, folders etc from 10 year ago!). There is now a new email address linked to be profile(surely an address with a name 'Kara' is evidently not linked to a profile of an 'Amy'..

Facebook automatic question/ answer 'help' page has not helped in the slightest, basically if you have been hacked, the password changed, cant access 10 year old email to reset password you can't regain access as they can't 'prove it is me'. I know EVERYTHING that I have on that profile. Surely there must be another way to actually contact somebody or answer an Facebook identity form.

Helpppp
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 465 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 04:42 am
@amybrown1920,
Facebook does sometimes request proofs in the form of drivers' licenses.

Here's where they explain how to prove your identity -
https://www.facebook.com/help/159096464162185
abellgilbert

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 04:54 am
@jespah,
I think his profile may be ban by Facebook as to hack a facebook profile is impossible for the hackers in this era.
jespah

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 05:18 am
@abellgilbert,
Not necessarily. It is laughably easy to crack most people's passwords.
0 Replies