Dating Advice

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 11:54 pm
Hi. I recently got to know a girl who was an intern at my workplace. I am interested in her, so I talked to her whenever I cud. I enjoyed our conversations and I think so did she(she laughed at every joke I said lame or not). So on her last day at my workplace, my friends(who knows I like her) invited her to dinner. I fetched her and we went to dinner with my friends. Had a good time and when I sent her back home , I gave her a peck on the cheek which surprised her. Prior to doing so I asked her to close her eyes and tell her I have a surprise(in an effort to be sweet) She said what was that man? . I felt awkward and sent her to her place. Now I feel stupid, did I make my move to early?
Fyi she is the cutest most sweetest girl Ive met. Never had a boyfriend so maybe that was why she felt embarrased. She will be gg back to school to finish her courses. I told her to keep in touch.
Was I too forefront?
What was that,'What was that man'
Now I dont know what to do..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 731 • Replies: 6

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 05:53 am
@Double A-J,
What do you do?

You keep in touch just like you said you would and don't read anything into a four word long phrase she tossed off extemporaneously.
Double A-J

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 05:08 pm
@jespah,
@jespah Fair point, thanks mate. Im just afraid I scared her off but yeah thank you
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 10:40 am
" I asked her to close her eyes and tell her I have a surprise" - and then you kissed her?

Don't do that again. Girls don't like that kind of surprises, especially when she didn't really know you.

You should have asked her if you could kiss her goodnight. Apologize if you offended her by kissing her so soon, then begin the relationship again.

Good luck.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 10:46 am
@Double A-J,
Double A-J wrote:
Prior to doing so I asked her to close her eyes and tell her I have a surprise(in an effort to be sweet) She said what was that man? .

a surprise kiss from someone you don't know well is not sweet

I think her response was honest and fair and polite.

The first guy who tried to surprise me with an unwanted, unexpected kiss (40+ years ago) ended up with a black eye. I don't punch anymore but I do swear when **** like that happens.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 10:47 am
@jespah,
I think her response expressed her shock pretty well.

what was that (man)?

nicer than my instinctive response of wtf?
jespah

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 01:55 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah, it's, God, I really wish people wouldn't use old rom-coms as dating instructions.
0 Replies