how can i be active in pe?

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 06:28 pm
hi. im a 8th grader and every time in pe, im sooo depressed because teachers say to me that im not participating and not active. i really want to, but i just cant. im doing volleyball now in school and everyone is doing the work except for me. can anyone give me advice about this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 406 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by wanttoknow2
ossobuco
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 06:46 pm
@wanttoknow2,
I can tell you that my family moved from the Chicago area - where, as an only child whose family moved around, I had friends for almost the first time (Carole in NYC gets credit) and there I learned to play in the neighborhood. Kids playing in their neighborhoods happen less now, which I think is sort of Fall of the Roman Empire thing, bad. I actually hit homers some of the time in the Chicago neighborhood stuff. Girls Soft Ball, but still, for us it was baseball in the schoolyard.

When I first went to gym class in California (I'm a native and like the place but lived away some time in my youth), I was shut down in volleyball. I didn't get it at all, nobody told me anything, and when ever I was up, I hurt myself somehow. How to kill your arm. No help..

Years later, I've friends who love volleyball.
What I should have done, way back then, is talk with the (to me) cold gym teacher. Asked my parents, but I never did that. Instead, I had many long periods with cramps, and sat out.

I did have bad cramps in those days, but not as much as I worked it. I presume the coach/teacher could see through me. I guess she prejudged me. I've been ok in some other sports later on. like swimming.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 06:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Stick up for yourself, talk to people.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 10:06 pm
@wanttoknow2,
Back when I was in the 1st grade all the way through the 12th grade all of us kids played together in our neighborhoods. We played tag football, softball, basketball, four square, bicycling, skateboarding, cops and robbers, dodge ball, freeze tag, mother/father may I, red light green light, running and jumping, playing on the monkey bars, swings, sliding boards, and who knows what other activities I might have forgotten to mentioned. PE was fun because we kids saw it as play time. Kids love to play when I was growing up. We couldn't wait to go to PE. Either you like to play or you don't. It doesn't matter if you are in PE class or playing in your neighborhood. It doesn't matter if you are in kindergarten, elementary, middle school, or high school. When I grew up we kids love to go out and play at every chance we got. Maybe, this generation is less active and dominated by technology. I don't know.

Do you like to participate and play? Or is participating and playing seems more like a chore?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » how can i be active in pe?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:07:36