Take my dear old grandfather

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 03:14 pm
Take my dear old grandfather, who lived up to a ripe old age of 80. Despite being stricken with a multitude of ailments, he never once lost his swaggering gait and zest to live. Everyday like clockwork, he would be up by 5am and be about his usual routine of prayers and brisk walks. This he did until the time he met his Maker.

If we possess a deep desire to succeed, we will eventually be-rid of all forms of ailments. Most of us have the disease that inflicts our thoughts more than our limbs. We should not allow defeatism to take control of our lives. Believe that you are blessed with good health, prosperity and longevity and it will become so!

Are there any errors?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 768 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 03:49 pm
@kuben123,
But Kub I do sleep sometimes til 8 a.m.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 04:20 pm
@kuben123,
Take my dear old grandfather for example. He lived to the ripe old age of eighty. Despite being stricken with more than his fair share of ailments, he never lost his swaggering gate and zest for life. Every day he was up at 5:00 A.M. and would be about his routine of prayers followed by a brisk walk which continued up until the day he met his maker.

If we possess a deep desire to succeed, we will eventually rid ourselves of all manner of ailments. Most of us suffer a type of disease that afflicts our minds more than our limbs. We should not allow defeatism to control our lives. If we believe that we are blessed with good health, prosperity, and longevity, then it will be so.
Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 04:41 pm
@Glennn,
And then there's my family:

Take my dear old grandfather for example. He lived to the not so ripe old age of fifty-eight. Having been cursed with an overpowering desire for alcohol and tobacco, he had long since lost his swaggering gate and zest for life, if he ever had it. And after winning a case of Southern Comfort at the local Christmas raffle, he was always up at the crack of 3:00 P.M. every day and would go about his daily routine of cursing God, followed by a not so brisk crawl to the bathroom which continued 'til the day he choked and suffocated on his own bloody vomit.

If we possess a deep desire to succeed, sometimes that's just not enough to get us over even the first hurdle.
kuben123

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 05:41 pm
@Glennn,
Narrated well!
dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 12:15 pm
@kuben123,
Quote:
Narrated well!
Yes indeed Kub, tho at 58 I was much ass Glenn describes. Meanwhile though in its newly discovered resplendence at 85 I've capitulated, allowing some sort of pantheistic God
Glennn

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 02:28 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
ass Glenn describes

So that's the way it's gonna be, huh? Very well, ass dale! Laughing
dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 02:37 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
ass Glenn describes

Quote:
So that's the way it's gonna be, huh? Very well, ass dale!
Good gosh I hope it's not signification of some sort of subconscious striving

Anyhow it's what I get for not scrutinizing before saving
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 02:56 pm
The title of this thread reminds of the (very) old standup comedian routine: "Women are strange. Take my wife... please! Anyone! Take my wife!"
0 Replies