So how are YOU today?

sozobe

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 07:08 am
@dlowan,
There she is!

Dang, not the time for more postal craziness. Not that there ever IS a time, I suppose...

Not a lot of mention of your back, might that be a good thing? Hope it's better, though that dastardly insect bite is still worrying...
dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 07:43 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

There she is!

Dang, not the time for more postal craziness. Not that there ever IS a time, I suppose...

Not a lot of mention of your back, might that be a good thing? Hope it's better, though that dastardly insect bite is still worrying...

Back a lot better....not much pain...parts of leg still numb, which meant I fell down a couple of stairs the other day, because I forgot the numbish leg doesn't like down movements, and is liable to give way!!!

Very embarrassing because, what with two bad legs and some pain and shock, I felt like the little old lady in the cat rescue game: "Ï've fallen and I can't get up!"

I was excited because I was leaving the Dyson repair place, and the breakage my cleaner inflicted on my vacuum cleaner only took $5 to repair.

(Don't know where the damn umlaut came from...weird stuff happens with this keyboard when I try to do double quote marks.)

I really need to sart walking more again...but slowly....and explore exercises with the physio for the disk and the arthritis (both of which involve flexibility and strength...actually, my back isn't all that inflexible.)

I think I'll have a lymphatic drainage massage for the ankle....helped stunningly with the swelling from the cellulitis (same ankle, and it never really got quite back to normal from that.)

I think I found a new GP today!!!! My current regular one is 30 kilometres away, where I used to work, so I need to change. I really liked the woman I saw today.

But finding the diary was SOOOOOO good!

Hows mit du??????
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 07:45 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Nice apology and gift from DJ's.

Perhaps diamonds to go with your diary?

So glad to see you again. Missssss you.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 07:52 am
Not bad, considering. I am gaining more and more strength every day. This morning, I walked around my block (which is a loop) at 6 a.m. The reason that I went so early was that at that hour is was 77 degrees. It is now 88, and I would not dare attempt to exercise outside now.

When I went out west, I bought myself this neat trekking pole. I used it today more as a security blanket. It is not, I repeat not, a cane! Laughing
dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 10:22 am
@Phoenix32890,
KEWL!
dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 11:27 pm
@dlowan,
Had first walk ( as opposed to brief ambulation associated with errands...) today.

Probably was OUT for about an hour....but part of this was spent in inspecting manchester and in a garden shop...and window shopping.

You can see the recession hitting....I live on a main road which is famous for designer factory outlets and seconds shops....usually the place is humming on a Sunday...now most shops have stopped opening on Sundays and a number are defunct. Cafes and restaurants and art galleries have followed suit.

: (
msolga

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 12:11 am
@dlowan,
Quote:

Oh I agree! How sad, Deb.
So the area is sort of shut up for the winter?
msolga

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 12:12 am
@dlowan,
... & congratulations on your first walk! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 12:14 am
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
I am gaining more and more strength every day.

Excellent, Phoenix!
msolga

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 12:19 am
@msolga,
Dammit, I didn't get the right shade of green in my post, Phoenix! Wink
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 12:25 am
@dlowan,
Good to see you up and about wabbit. Had a stroll down Jetty Road at the Bay earlier this afternoon and the place was really alive, maybe today's sunshine had something to do with it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 12:47 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:

Oh I agree! How sad, Deb.
So the area is sort of shut up for the winter?

No way...it's the economy.
msolga

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 12:55 am
@dlowan,
That's sort of what I meant .... just expressed badly!
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 04:21 am
@msolga,
How are the auction houses? Around here, the really high end stuff that people are "deaccessing", are being placed in several auction houses and the prices realized are phenominal.

We collect a kind of arts n crafts pottery and an auction report of values realized for this pottery was oiutrageously high. I wondered whether it was antique dealers "bottom feeding"?

There are less auctions but those that are , are selliing at rather high prices.

We went down to the beach and there are many shops along the "boardalks" that are just shut down. A fav Japanese restaurant is shuttered. Where shall I go for my Bento box lunches?
msolga

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 02:41 am
@farmerman,
Farmer, I really wouldn't know, sorry. (But perhaps someone else can enlighten you?) This is definitely not a "cash to splash" on interesting & tasteful little extras time for yours truly. As much as I love these to indulge in such things!
msolga

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 02:57 am
@msolga,
Anyway, how are you today, farmer? Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 07:17 pm
How am I today?: A little dazed & confused, actually. Last night, around 5:30, I thought I'd have a bit of a rest & a read after a pretty full-on day at work ... only to wake again at something like 2 am. So I trot off to clean my teeth, get into my pajamas & into bed ... to wake around 6 am this morning. Which means I slept something like 13 hours! Wow. Surprised

Then, this morning ... tried to pull the Holland blind open & let in some morning light & it came off its hooks & landed on my head (Ouch!) ... which meant I spilled the (hot) cup of tea I was holding in my other hand ... which meant I stomped (rather heavily) on my cat's tail, as I tried to balance myself .... which meant she treated me with great suspicion for a couple of hours or so after...

Then, I thought I'd do a bit of A2King before going out to do some shopping. Only to receive the "username/password rejected .. access denied" message in response ... What? I received the bill for renewal (which I won't be doing with that company) only yesterday! .... So I had to wait till 9 am to ring their tech help number to have that fixed ...

Soon I will be heading out, but something tells me the day's little mishaps are not quite over. Wish me luck. Neutral

Here's hoping your day is progressing better than this! Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 07:26 pm
@msolga,
Better throw salt over your shoulder and do the king's x today, olga.
msolga

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 07:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thanks for the timely advice, edgar. Smile

I will certainly do the salt thing, but am not quite certain of what's involved in the "king's x" thing. Please let me know soon, before I head off for the day, OK? I want to be fully protected. Wink

... And how are you today, edgar?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 07:36 pm
@msolga,
I am very well, olga. My day is almost over. King's x is where you keep your fingers crossed.