pain on the lower right side of ribcage

jm319

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 06:32 pm
I have a pain on the right side of my lower rib cage. it is not excrutiating and it comes and goes, however i do notice it. i went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and got blood work done, and while she was there she said that i have a floating rib, but im doing some research online and it says that it could be one of many things. My blood work came back normal - if there was an infection in my liver, or something along those lines with my other organs, would that have come up in the blood work?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 696 • Replies: 8
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 06:47 pm
@jm319,
Yes.

Do you exercise? This could be something as simple as a pulled muscle.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 06:50 pm
@jm319,
Ask your doctor about your gallbladder. It can cause pain in that area, but unless there is an infection it won't show up in your white count. But I'm not a doctor, I did have a hot gall bladder when I was in my late 20's, but the tests available at that time were not capable of seeing gallstones. So double check with your doctor.
jm319

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 06:54 pm
@PUNKEY,
thanks for the reply! i dont exercise very often at all im positive that it isnt that. it just an uncomfortable feeling and sometimes i have a loss of appetite.
0 Replies

jm319

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 06:56 pm
@glitterbag,
thanks for the reply! i was thinking maybe it could be that. Im 27 and its been kind of on and off for about 2 months now, sometimes the discomfort is worse than others. i also notice a loss in appetite sometimes during its spouts, did you experience that with the gall bladder?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 10:17 pm
@jm319,
Yes, I lost a lot of weight due to poor appetite and my digestion was far from satisfactory. You might have some luck by avoiding fried foods, and oily foods. My problem was actually congenital, my gallbladder had a thick tissue between the center with only a small passage for the bile to circulate.

Everybody is different, my issues are probably different than yours. My surgeon didn't understand why the gallbladder was infected until he removed it. I'm guessing that is a rare occurrence, but the equipment is so much more sophisticated it can diagnose a problem much easier when mine was diagnosed. Doctors often overlook gallbladder in young people because the mindset has always been "fair, fat and forty" and it isn't often suspected.

Good luck in your quest for a diagnosis.
0 Replies

AliceBROWN

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 11:49 am
@jm319,
May you lift something very heavy, Consult your local doctor
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 09:30 pm
@jm319,
Did you ever have terrible stomach pain and fever when you were around 12 to 14? The day I was hospitalized because of severe abdominal pain, I thought I was having a heart attack. For me the pain started around my waist and crept up until my entire torso felt like a vice. I could barely speak I was in so much pain. My son was only about 3 or 4 and I sent him to the next door neighbor for help.

I only mention this because if you get a gallstone it can be crippling, and when you are young the docs don't think gall stones. So, please if the pain becomes terrible, call 911 and get to a hospital.

I must repeat that I am not a Doctor, I can only tell you what my experience was. I hope you get a solution soon, and I hope you don't have to experience what I did. Pester your doctor for further tests, and I hope you get better soon. Good luck.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2015 01:42 pm
@jm319,
Let us know when you get a diagnosis, and I hope things go well for you.
0 Replies