Spread the gospel !

neologist

Wed 18 Nov, 2015 01:18 am
@annaluv,
Adam and Eve were perfect.
When they sinned, they not only lost their perfection, they no longer could have perfect children

Romans 5:12 tells us "through one man, sin entered the world, and death through sin, and death spread to all men, because all sinned."

And 1 Corinthians 15:26 tells of the time when "the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing."

So the "good news" is that we were not designed to live for a few years, then die. And John 5:28-29 assures us that all in the past who have lived and died without ever knowing the truth about God and the "good news" about his purpose will live again and have a chance to gain the life Adam lost.

I don't know about you, but the prospect of welcoming back my parents, hiking with my dad - and his father's dad is one of the very pleasant prospects I look forward to.
annaluv

Wed 18 Nov, 2015 08:11 am
@neologist,
im so confused......ive been told God is an invention, that God loves me, that God is dead because of me, im so confused
Johnjohnjohn

Wed 18 Nov, 2015 05:25 pm
@annaluv,
God isn't an invention. If anything, we are, but He doesn't think of us as that. God can't die. He made us resembling His Immortality and the immortality of those with Him. You aren't a bad person. Turn to God, He just wants to love you.
neologist

Wed 18 Nov, 2015 06:59 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
Well, we are like God in our qualities of love, justice, wisdom, and free will, except those qualities having been tarnished by Adam and Eve.

But we are not immortal. Otherwise, what would it have meant to tell Adam he would die if he ate the fruit?
chai2

Wed 18 Nov, 2015 07:17 pm
@annaluv,
They're not talking about much of anything.

Just some crap people made up and wrote down, and said that some god said it.

Those people wanted you to behave in a certain way, so they said god would do all sorts of horrible things to you if you didn't do what they wanted you to. Because of course threatening someone is the best way to make them complient.

So, too many people walk around today thinking no one can behave or think morally or ethically through your own common sense or good will toward others.

Now excuse me, because I happen to think the bible is one of the most ridculous books ever written, I'm going to go out and murder 5 or 6 people, and steal some food to make dinner. Later on, I'm going to go out and lie to as many people as I can, before having sex with a few people other than my spouse.
izzythepush

Thu 19 Nov, 2015 09:54 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Later on, I'm going to go out and lie to as many people as I can, before having sex with a few people other than my spouse.

Southampton's very lovely at this time of year if you fancy a holiday.
0 Replies

Johnjohnjohn

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 05:41 pm
@neologist,
We were without sin and meant to live forever, but sin killed us.

We werent really 'immortal' but without death.
0 Replies