Please help me with my depression

maxdancona

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 09:51 pm
@CeasarSalad,
Personally, I would stay away from any new religions. Being depressed can make you susceptible to being influenced, and religious groups can take advantage of this (in my opinion, many of the Christian groups like Joel Olsteen do exactly that and make a lot of money in the process).

On the other hand, a religious community can give you a natural support system... but the emphasis should be on "community" not on "religion". If you have a religious heritage, it might be something you can lean on.
CeasarSalad

Thu 19 Nov, 2015 08:33 pm
@maxdancona,
I am watching Joel Osteen right now at no extra charge on my cable TV. Anyone can watch as much as they like, benefit from the teaching, be encouraged, learn a great life lesson, turn their life around and never pay a penny. Many depressed people have turned to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, food, or video games-none of which are free and they all lead to even bigger problems like addiction, liver cirrhosis, lung cancer, obesity and an even more sedentary isolated life style. Gospel teaching is so much better for a depressed person who is in search of something that will fill the void in their heart with love and bring them hope. As a healthcare provider I can tell you that medical professional and counselors do not oppose faith based encounters for their clients who are so inclined to participate.
maxdancona

Thu 19 Nov, 2015 08:39 pm
@CeasarSalad,
Joel Olsteen is a fraud. He makes tons of money exploiting people's desire to believe in something.

I am trying to be gentle here, CeasarSalad, but I don't approve of what you are doing. People who are in a vulnerable place and are reaching out shouldn't be fed to these predators who make money on the pain and hopes of others.

Please stop spreading this poison.

Johnjohnjohn

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 05:54 pm
@john545,
1 John 5:7 " Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

He cares and can do anything.

Cast your problems on Him. If He can turn my life around, He can help your depression.

Get better Smile
God bless
0 Replies

CeasarSalad

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:32 pm
@maxdancona,
I am a person of faith whose life has been turned around by embracing biblical principals; for me, having peace of mind is absolutely priceless. Money is a secondary factor compared to having the opportunity to love others and share the positive things that scripture teaches. I am unequivocally Pro-Jesus Christ.
But I see that you are anti-joel and perhaps you are due a refund from the ministry; I am sure that if you can contact them and they will gladly provide you one. Wondering if you are anti-Christ also?
maxdancona

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:42 pm
@CeasarSalad,
There is faith and then there is Fraud. Let's not confuse the two.

Jesus came to the rich and said "sell your possessions and give to the poor..." Joel Olsteen and his ilk come to the poor and say "sell your possessions and give the money to me".

You are right that there is a big difference between being anti-Joel and anti-Christ...

I have respect for the teachings of the Biblical Jesus and anyone who truly follows them. A lot of people who claim to be Christian don't even make the attempt to follow Jesus.

Joel Olsteen, with his $40 million mansion and his message of greed and intolerance is the opposite of the biblical Jesus.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:45 pm
@CeasarSalad,
I am curious CeasarSalad.

Are you in favor of helping the Syrian refugees by welcoming them into the US?

Jesus very clearly talked about welcoming in the stranger. Jesus, strangely enough, cared more about refugees then he did about whether there was a Christmas tree on His coffee cup.
ossobuco

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:50 pm
I support Max.

I have no patience for the rest of it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 09:02 pm
I see this thread is longer than I thought -I need to look back to the beginning.
ossobuco

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 09:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Ok, I still agree with Max.

On further thought, I'm sorry I posted on all this, and beg pardon from our poster, as well as sending hope
0 Replies

CeasarSalad

Sat 21 Nov, 2015 02:14 pm
@maxdancona,
I just got back from the local park where I give out Bibles and I feed the homeless once per month. I'll be passing out gloves and hats in December and January. I do all this because of Gods love. I am pro-refugee but I gotta be honest we live in a scary world and I learned that there are bad-evil people in every country. I pray everyday for Gods miracles and even when bad things happen I still trust God. Faith is defined as how much confidence you have in God-I have a lot of confidence in God no matter what the complexion of my neighbors happens to be.

My apologizes to the original poster who had a need for support with depression. I hope that the situation is improved and continue to recommend a closer walk with Jesus.

Max, it looks like we have some common ground in the person of Jesus Christ. Perhaps we'll chat again in another forum. Peace

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 21 Nov, 2015 05:04 pm
@john545,
Seek help.

Discuss this with your doctor.

You won't get better advise.
0 Replies

donna downing

Sun 22 Nov, 2015 08:49 pm
@john545,
Hey john545

Welcome to the community

I'm so sorry to hear about the conditions you're suffering from. Depression and anxiety really can affect your life. First of all let me ask you what measures are you doing in dealing with your mental health issues? Are you under any treatment? I think that this is the primary problem that you have to deal with first. Your suicidal thought also should be a cause of concern and should be dealt with accordingly so I would suggest that you undergo therapy.

Now when it comes to your confidence all you have to do is to practice. Fortunately confidence is something that can be acquired and leaned. There are workshops out there where you will be able to train and develop confidence. Workshops and support groups are also good ways of meeting up new people and gaining new friends. Just go out there and meet them. Moping around at home won't do any good.

For your relationship problems, you are still very young to worry too much of such things. The person meant for you will eventually come and would it be better that when you meet that person you're already established something for yourself? So why not go back to school or look for a job?
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 07:14 pm
@CeasarSalad,
CeasarSalad wrote:
I am watching Joel Osteen . . .
Have you met Squeaky?
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 26 Nov, 2015 07:21 pm
@CeasarSalad,
CeasarSalad wrote:
. . . perhaps you are due a refund from the ministry; I am sure that if you can contact them and they will gladly provide you one. . .
He gives refunds?
Really?
maxdancona

Mon 30 Nov, 2015 09:23 pm
@neologist,
http://jameslparis.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341d71ad53ef01bb07d15a9f970d-500wi

This is Joel Olsteen's mansion. Does it look like he gives refunds?

Joel Olsteen is a crook.
0 Replies