Why Are Texas Cops Claiming These People Are White?

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 01:25 pm
@ossobuco,
What with the word "race" being loaded as it is in the English language, La Raza is better translated as, "The People."
oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 07:48 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Quote:
Only because he was adopted by these guys after he shot the black kid in cold blood.

There are many reasons for voting for Republicans.
One of those reasons is the fact that Democrats insist on referring to self defense as murder.

Every time you vote for a Republican, you help to prevent the Democrats from ripping up our Constitution.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 08:06 pm
Just noting, I used to be married to a man named O'Connor, and carried his name, but there isn't a drop of Irish in me.

Not making excuses for much of this, but aren't we forgetting many women use their husbands names, and they are not of that group?

Also, many, many people with Hispanic backgrounds call themselves white.

Again, not saying there isn't a problem, but quite a few of the people in that video I would have called white, if asked.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 08:24 pm
@InfraBlue,
According to the wiki article, La Raza means different things in different regions. I don't know, of course, just remember it used in LA and talking with a grad student who had moved to LA from Chihuahua. My memory is fuzzy about even that much. I do remember Fbaezer had stuff to say about it, but again, my memory fuzzes.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 05:03 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Because, for the most part, they are.

You need to come up with a new race if you're not happy with the current choices.
0 Replies