LDR boyfriend confusion

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 08:34 pm
Hello! I've been dating my boyfriend for 6 months and in these 6 months we have only ever grown closer. I went to meet him in July and he is coming to stay with me for 2 weeks next month. We have had no problems with our relationship whatsoever. We are living about 1000 miles away from each other currently. My problem is that he hasn't contacted me in about a week and a half. He told me he would be busy with his job because it is a seasonal thing and this is the last week. The weird thing is that we have always talked at least once a day for the past few months. Even when he was at work he would find time to message me at least once. And he would talk to me when he got home. I don't know. I'm just a little concerned and I don't want to message him a lot. Right now I'm just giving him space because I don't want to be bothersome. I trust him fully and he has been cheated on before so he is very against the idea of cheating. I don't believe that would happen
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,021 • Replies: 6
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 06:15 am
@Juneflower,
So what exactly are you worried about?
Juneflower

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 11:01 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It's honestly really unusual for him to not talk to me for even a day most of the time..We call at least once a day unless one of us is busy and even then we would text when we could. He would always make a big deal when I would spend the night with my friend. It was quite sudden and odd when we just stopped talking. I'm not used to it at all. I can't help but wonder if he is maybe a little done with my presence but doesn't want to tell me. It's definitely possible I'm just overreacting
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 01:52 pm
@Juneflower,
I think you and he don't have have the same level of commitment. I'm not certain he has a commitment. You have a list of needs he's not meeting, and you don't seem interested in expressing your disappointment to him, or perhaps are 'afraid' of finding out that he is not as interested as you are.

You need to find out if his interest is there or not and if not: you may well need to "cut bait" if your needs will not be met by the level of relationship as he wants to commit to.
0 Replies

Juneflower

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 01:26 pm
@Juneflower,
He finally contacted me the other night. He just turned 18 a few months ago and is in a 5 year highschool. He is supposed to graduate next month. He dropped a few classes and his mom did not take this lightly. She took away his car, money, and electronics. I'm pretty sure she took away the electronics because she believed I was a distraction. So, now I won't be able to talk to my boyfriend for who kno ws how long. I might write letters or something if it becomes a long term thing. His mom also forbade him for visiting during Christmas even though he had already bought the ticket. She might cool down by then but even if she does, he'll probably have a job by then. So yeah. Super bummed.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 02:58 pm
@Juneflower,
Honestly, the best I can tell you is: life gets better and easier as you get older. As both you and he are so young you need to accept that external controls (both your and his parents, school, location) determine more of the depth of your relationship than you do. Good luck and work hard now at school!
Juneflower

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 11:05 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm aware of this, though I think it would be more realistic that life is full of ups and downs. My mom was actually willing to buy him a plane ticket to go wherever he wanted as well as share rent with him if he wanted to come down and live near me. He had always talked about moving away from his current location. He seemed rather hesitant about the idea. My mom lives about an hour away from where I'm currently living. And I realize that I can't let this put a major damper on my life. A few months doesn't make a huge difference when compared to ones life span. I'll suck suck it up for now and if he comes back I'll be extraordinary thankful and happy and if he doesn't..that's just part of life I guess. This is my first relationship, and it being online makes it more difficult but I wouldn't trade in the time I spent with him for anything. Thank you for the support.
0 Replies