When there is a school concern who should reach out?

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 12:50 pm
If a parent has a concern, which parent should reach out? This of course is assuming, the situation warrants a parent reaching out rather than the student.

I am asking because it seems I always reach out....whether I have the concern or my husband. We can view grades, absences, tardy, etc. online - kids cannot no longer hide.

So my husband sees my daughter was tardy to a class --- I noticed since she was injured she has been marked a few times tardy. I know they have her doing other things sometimes to help out as she cannot participate in gym right now and I simply assumed that they marked her as tardy. If there were a problem I would get a call.

So my husband calls me about it. I told him my assumption - he gets upset saying well they should change it then. He says well we should call the school and get it fixed. Yes, if you are concerned you should call the school.

So who should call the school?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 643 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 01:17 pm
@Linkat,
He's concerned, he should call after bouncing it off you.

Sounds like he's mastered the bouncing it part - now you can bounce it back Wink
Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 02:39 pm
@ehBeth,
I did and then when she came home - she always calls when she gets home to let me know - I asked about it and she seemed surprised so I sent an email to the gym teacher. I figure email is less bothersome than calling.

Well in the mean time - I managed to push him enough that he did call - seems the system does not allow for having excused absence from gym - either tardy or absence and being absent too much would be an issue promoting automatic calls so they use tardy for excused absences.

Seems odd as they use same system for high school and my high schooler shows ups as excused absence.
0 Replies