Everyone talks to girls except me.

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 08:21 pm
Why am i like this? All the guys in my class talks to the other girls, but i don't. I did when i was younger, but when i was about 13 i started being afraid of talking to girls, because im scared of the possible outcome. I'm 15 now. About a month ago i went out with a girl i really liked. I've been in love with her in years, and when i finally did something about i screwed up. She she said she didn't like me and she never will. And i think one of the reasons was, I acted in a way that's so not like me. I don't know why i was like this. This rejection made it even worse. I don't know what to do now. I want be with her, and i feel like i could've done so much better. What should i do to overcome my fear?

View best answer, chosen by Amino500
ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 08:28 pm
@Amino500,
Forget being with her, learn from the experience, don't act like a jerk (however you acted that concluded any interest in you).

Girls are people, not some other whole breed. Consider simply talking to them.
Ragman

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 08:53 pm
@Amino500,
Try to talk to any girl as though you would speak to a family member.
0 Replies

Amino500

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 08:59 pm
@ossobuco,
I can't forget about her. I was always nice to her, but i didn't act like myself. I'm usually so different, when i'm with people i'm not nervous to be with. It's like it wasn't the real me, who she hung out with.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:02 pm
@Amino500,
Amino500 wrote:
I'm 15 now. About a month ago i went out with a girl i really liked. I've been in love with her in years,

no

no you have not been in love with her for years

you've liked her

you've had a crush on her

you have not been in love with her

__

it is possible that you are not mature enough to couple date yet

do you go out in any group mixed-gender social events? stick with those til you get more comfortable

it's hard to remember but really, young woman aren't really any more special or interesting than other young men you know
ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:03 pm
@Amino500,
Amino500 wrote:
she said she didn't like me and she never will.

and seriously, who wants to date someone as nasty as she is?

find someone nice to go out with
0 Replies

Amino500

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:16 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't go to mixed gender events at all. Girls don't really seem interested in me :/
Ragman

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:17 pm
@Amino500,
that will change as you relax and move away from anxiety...and accept girls as just regular people.
0 Replies

boomerang
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:21 pm
There was a guy who used to post here a lot called Slappy Do Hoo. He was a young guy, totally crazy, a bit of a player. He gave someone the best dating advice I've ever heard, which surprised the hell out of me.

I wish I could remember his words exactly but they amounted to -- the worst thing that can happen if you take a chance is that the object of your attraction will say "No". If they do, just move on. It wasn't meant to be. It doesn't mean that you're broken or unloveable or anything else other that the timing wasn't right or the person wasn't right for you.

It boiled down to: if you never ask, the answer is always "no", so it's always worth taking a chance that you might get a "yes".
ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:26 pm
@boomerang,
Ah, Slappy, I miss him. I used to argue with him, until one day I changed my mind.. (that was all about going too far re jokes).
boomerang

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Slappy and his sidekick ese edgar used to say the most disgusting things but they did it in a way that made me laugh out loud.
0 Replies

Amino500

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:33 pm
@boomerang,
That's a good advice. I'm not really into anyone other then her. I probably will later on, and that advice is gold when that time comes. I'm in a study group on friday with two girls (one of them is her) and i'll see how it goes. If there's any connection like there was last time we were in a study group, then i might just ask her out again. Maybe she changed her mind, and if not then whatever. I'll move on if that's the case. It's my last try, and if she really just isn't into me, and she really never will then that's okay.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:35 pm
@Amino500,
Start with mixed gender events.

Join clubs at school where there are young men and young women, join a softball team, more study groups ...

You'll never get used to hanging out with young women if you don't hang out with them.

They're not Martians.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:37 pm
@Amino500,
Amino500 wrote:
It's my last try

nahhh

it's not like you'll never see each other after Friday (is it?)

try to relax ... and remember there are nicer people than her out in the world
Amino500

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 10:24 pm
@ehBeth,
By last try i mean, i won't chase her anymore. Were in the same class. We see each other everyday.
0 Replies

Amino500

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2015 10:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Start with mixed gender events.
Well i kinda already do that, because i have study groups almost everyday.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 10:00 am
Oooh, a manipulator..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 03:07 pm
0 Replies