Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 07:40 pm
My daughter Leah will ALWAYS hold my hand or her dad or 13yr old sisters hand anytime we are out.

Me or my 13yr old daughter don't mind holding Leah's hand but my OH will always refuse saying "you are too old to be holding hands, you are not a baby anymore".

Leah is very affectionate with me and her sister, she will sit on our knees every so often and loves getting hugs and kisses from us but, again, my OH is totally against that and will moan to us if we allow Leah to sit on our knees or ask for kisses/hugs.

So, is my other half correct or not?

roger

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 08:38 pm
@Scottish Irene,
What is an OH?
0 Replies

Scottish Irene

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 08:55 pm
An OH is "other half" so when I say OH I am talking about my husband.
0 Replies

gayan1991

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 10:19 pm
@Scottish Irene,
well your OH is half right and half wrong actually. she loves her father and but OH thinks it's inappropriate because scary judging people judge your daughter in a negative way. On the other hand, if it was me, I would hold my daughter's hand
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 10:25 pm
@Scottish Irene,
You do what is comfortable for you. If you and your daughters are simply more affection then go ahead and hold hands. If the husband...dad is not then you don't hold hands with him. Simply explain that to your daughter ... everyone is different and shows their closeness and feelings differently.

One or the other is not wrong ...it is simply different.
0 Replies