Have I been discriminated against?

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 09:27 am
Hi guys,

For years (as long as I can remember) I have had moderate issues with my memory. I struggle to think as "in depth" as other people my mind is constantly blank I don't hold conversation due to this reason. I'm constantly getting words mixed up when I say and very little stays in my head when I am told something.

I have been in work for 2 and a half years, I have struggled but I just get on with it but I feel too nervous about saying anything. During my work period I have had hospital appointment after hospital appointment to try and recognise what the cause of my issue is.

We all got moved upstairs in in work to a big office with new people.. (at this time I was still going through hospital examinations) . I was then told to go and sit by myself in large room. (I feel the reason or this is because of the way I am)

I was also informed I would be joined by other employee's , they lied to me and nobody ever joined, so I raised the issue with my supervisor who said it will be sorted with the next few weeks and I will have work colleagues next to me.

I then had a meeting with my manager about misconduct as I hadn't explained something clearly over the phone about my absence. The managers have lied to me and said they told me loud and clear if this occasion happens again I'm out.

A couple of days later I received a medical report explaining I have difficulties with my memory and that I could be experiencing dyslexia. I handed this report into the work place.

I was then absent again, and brought into a disciplinary meeting, I was targeted, from 3 managers nobody giving me a chance to explain properly and lies where being brought out again about previous incidents.

I was then dismissed, I appealed and the appeal was not impartial and biased and the decision still stood.

I feel, nobody liked me, I showed was showing signs of struggling nobody wanted me to sit by them as I was "classified as boring" because I didn't speak much. I now have a full dyslexia test and the report does state I am dyslexic and all the reason above where caused by my dyslexic.

Have I been discriminated against?

jespah

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2015 09:53 am
@duffy1807,
It's unclear.

But you need to keep records. Really, really good records. Partly because you have known memory issues, but also because you'd be much better positioned if you did have a discrimination claim.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 07:15 pm
@duffy1807,
More importantly, do you feel you were discriminated against? Are you able to collect unemployment insurance? If you feel you were discriminated against or if your former employer fought against your unemployment, you need to do these things: resubmit your claim and dispute the employer's charges. And contact a lawyer, who will not charge you for consultation.
0 Replies