Relationship stuff...

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 04:20 am
I feel like this is the oddest question ever and I can't ask my friends so I'm seeking your help if I'm the crazy one or if I'm justified.

There have been two occasions that my man flew out of town for business this month. He said " if you don't hear from me I'm okay". This is very unusual for me as all previous relationships I have been in the guy has called me when he's arrived to let me know he's okay and depending how long he's been gone he's called me each day to have a quick chat. I have expressed to him that since I love and care about him that I'd appreciate him calling/texting me to let me know he's okay. For goodness sake I worry about him. He shrugs it off like I'm trying to change him and therefore doesn't message me during his entire trip. I'm not checking up on him demanding he call me all day and night and I don't think he's cheating on me.

I'm approaching him in this relationship saying this is what I need from you to make me feel comfortable and safe. I care about you and want to feel relaxed in knowing that you have arrived safely. It seems juvenile to me to not contact someone you love for 5 days and then blow me off when I share how I feel. We got into a similar argument when I asked him if he could show me more affection. I really love to hear that I'm loved and that I'm cared about. To me it's not about being needy it's what I like, I'm a very affectionate person. It's nice to hear these words, it keeps it hot.

Now I'm just f*cking confused. Am I trying to change him which means I shouldn't ask him this (and just accept his ways) or do I have every right to tell him what I need from him in order to have a proper relationship. Like this is what I need to feel comfortable.Am I wrong to expect that someone who loves me should do what I request.It's not like I'm asking him some crazy stuff like demanding he show me his phone or you know some Jerry Springer crazyness.

If he asked me for something I would do it because I realize this is what he needs. But it seems he has reactant feelings towards me. I ask and suddenly his freedom of choice is being taken away therefore he does the opposite.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,221 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 04:28 am
@samantha123,
He can't be bothered to take 3 seconds out of his oh so busy life to tell you his plane didn't crash?
0 Replies