Any Marlon Brando fans remember this movie?

seac

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 03:50 pm
I would like to know the title of this movie that I remember seeing once, sometime before 1980, the year I left my College. I have look up all the films Marlon Brando has made and cannot find this particular movie. It has him playing a doctor wooing a character played by Jean Simmons or someone who looked like her. It was a dark humor film in black and white. There were funny moments in it such as the girl's house being on the edge of a cliff, which teetered and tottered, and a scene where the doctor's mother is crushed to death as she pulls a ham out of the refrigerator. The girl dies somehow, and her body is launched into space aboard a rocket, concluding the movie. This movie was played on a campus theater, and billed as an underground production, and directed by Mel Brooks?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,563 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 04:06 pm
@seac,
This one ? -

http://www.amazon.com/Producers-Guys-Dolls-Gene-Wilder/dp/B0075JI0A6

Famous movie that I never saw..
and it has Brando, Simmons, directed by Brooks

Assuming that's it, I found it by googling Marlon Brando and Mel Brooks and it came up right away.
seac

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 06:36 pm
@ossobuco,
No, ossobuco, not Guys and Dolls. The movie I am looking for is a hard to find one. Perhaps students during the 1970's may have seen this movie played at their college theaters. I am wondering why this movie was kept from mainstream theaters, so I want to watch it again if it is available anywhere. Maybe the movie was fatally flawed and pulled, not sure.
And no, not the Producers either. I watched that movie and liked it.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 06:40 pm
@seac,
The name isn't guys and dolls, the name is The Producers. Not having seen it, I can't say if it fits your description at all. All I know is that friends thought The Producers was hilarious.

On the other hand, what do I know, maybe there was an underground flick with the same people. Seems unlikely.
0 Replies