ESP???? psychic powers, is it possible?

rosborne979

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:03 pm
JLNobody wrote:
On the other hand, Letty, a deja vu could be the unconscious bringing together of past experience into the illusion of a single experience. I sometimes have a very strong, almost visceral, experience of having been to a place which could not possibly be so. Upon contemplation, I realize that one aspect of a scene is much like that of a realled childhood scene; another aspect of the scene is much like that of another scene; another aspect ....etc. A number of past scenes are united to create an experience of pseudo familiarity. I think.

Yes. This was my analysis of the feeling as well. Many times I recognize characteristics of an event which are very similar to a couple of others. The faint "dizziness" which sometimes accompanies Dejavu (in my case) is my mind frantically trying to derive a pattern from two or more memories and to combine them into a single "match" which it cannot find (obviously).
0 Replies

Not Too Swift

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 01:05 am
Would anyone care to declare what the connection is between Deja Vu and ESP? One is a COMMON experience whose brain centre(s) have already been mapped; it's extremely common in Childhood far less in adulthood. ESP in the meantime is still qualified as Paranormal and still not understood. Physiology versus Parapsycology; if they relate then ESP is no-longer a valid term because its "perception" could no longer be described as "extra sensory". I stand to be corrected!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 07:39 am
Not Too Swift wrote:
Would anyone care to declare what the connection is between Deja Vu and ESP? One is a COMMON experience whose brain centre(s) have already been mapped; it's extremely common in Childhood far less in adulthood. ESP in the meantime is still qualified as Paranormal and still not understood. Physiology versus Parapsycology; if they relate then ESP is no-longer a valid term because its "perception" could no longer be described as "extra sensory". I stand to be corrected!

The only connection is that they are probably two different forms of mental confusion.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:13 am
I disagree. When I get that feeling of Deja Vu it is not a feeling of I've been here before. It is a feeling of knowing exactly what is going to happen, what is going to be said, and how it all we hapen. I know the words coming out of my friends mouth before it even opens. That is not a collaboration of past experiences. Maybe my deja vu is different than other people's but that is what it's like for me.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 08:45 am
CarbonSystem wrote:
I disagree. When I get that feeling of Deja Vu it is not a feeling of I've been here before. It is a feeling of knowing exactly what is going to happen, what is going to be said, and how it all we hapen. I know the words coming out of my friends mouth before it even opens. That is not a collaboration of past experiences. Maybe my deja vu is different than other people's but that is what it's like for me.

Sounds like you're experiencing something different than I do.

You said, "It is a feeling of knowing exactly what is going to happen...".

Do you think it's just a feeling, or do you think it's more than that?
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 09:54 am
It seems like more than a feeling because 100% of the time when I have deja vu my intuitions are correct and I know what is going to happen.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:03 am
CS, the first time that I heard the expression "deja vu", was in connection with my friend whose child had surgery for a brain tumor. She began to have strange episodes of wandering off, and she always came to my house for comfort, saying, "There's something that I'm supposed to do; help me. There's something that I'm supposed to do."

Later, it was explained to me that the scar tissue from the surgery was pressing on her frontal lobe causing this sense of unresolved situations.
Perhaps what you feel is physical as opposed to psychic.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:09 am
That could very well be. The thing is my feeling isn't that of unfinished business, it is just expecting something to happen always and it exactly happens. I'll give you an analogy. It is much like seeing the same commercial for weeks on end. The next time this same commercial is on, just from seeing the beginning you know exactly what the actors are going to say and when they're going to say it. That is the closest analogy I can draw.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:21 am
I understand, CS. Houdini, had the same sensation as do many folks. Often we discount the times that these occurrences do NOT work. I guess the best way to determine the accuracy is to keep a record and a set of measurements, day by day, and extrapolate. See what turns up.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:52 am
Well it doesn't happen often enough for me to be able to keep a record, I just know that it has never gone wrong.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:58 am
Guess what! Even Rodgers and Hart wrote a song about deja vu. Love it! Very Happy
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 11:20 am
CS, do these deja vu experiences pertain to unique and unusual events or only to highly regular events. For example, when my mailman comes to drop mail in my mail box every week day, the event is almost always the same (a regular event); when he comes up to the door and slips the mail in the box, it easily SEEMS like a deja vu experience. I know in advance what it will be like and EXPECT it. But if the mailman should drop dead from a stroke while approaching my mailbox, this would be very unique. If I anticipated that; it would have much more deja vu value than would the regular event.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 11:34 am
They are to events that aren't normal at all. They happen in every day life for people but they are unique to say the least. These are about conversations, unique ones I've never had before, never had since.
0 Replies

always dreaming

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:38 pm
i am a strong believer that anything is possible...

i know it sounds like a cartoon phrase or something like that but just remember how much of our brain is used....now dont u believe that out of all the people in the world some of them might be born with a sort of "defect" where they maybe use more or different parts of the brain than other people and this may trigger a sort of "ESP" or other extra senses
0 Replies