What to do to evade this ongoing persecution?

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 06:04 am
I have been going through an extremely turbulent situation in my family and personal life. I am, by profession, an online freelancer. I work on survey sites, do freelance projects to earn a living. I have completed secondary education and dropped out of higher education to focus more upon this occupation as it suits me better than a typical office job. But, the neighbors are extremely old-fashioned and conservative in nature, for which they recognize college education and an office job as the only route to success. My family does not interfere at all in personal lives of others, yet I am faced with enormous humiliation, literal persecution, because of my new way of earning. Sometimes, they have even disrupted electricity supply by colluding with one of the local electricians to prevent me from succeeding properly in my online career. We have shied away from police action as we fear that this could make matters worse; our country is highly corrupt. I opine that democracy and free opinion are getting murdered in this area, and it may become Syria later. Should I seek asylum in a different country or should something else be done by me? Please suggest a suitable country where our plea may be accepted. Hope you quickly resolve my worries with some worthwhile suggestions. Thanks a ton in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,178 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 06:27 am
@Sparklerforall,
I'm trying to understand your circumstances and I realize English is probably not your first language.

Either way, though, you should not have to live in fear, and you should be able to earn a living in the legal way of your choosing.

Where to go? Sheesh, there are tons of countries where you can get both. Most of Europe, North America, and South America for starters.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 07:04 am
@Sparklerforall,
Why would you need to leave your homeland instead of just moving away from the neighbors that are giving you a hard time?

There seems something more to the story then you are telling.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What to do to evade this ongoing persecution?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:18:00