What does a girl mean when she says she is pressurised and needs to slow things down?

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 07:10 pm
Hi All,
So I have been dating this girl for 2 weeks now and initially we used to text and hang out after work all the time. She told me she like to see my messages when she wakes up in the morning and she hates guys who play games and not text and reply.
so this whole week she has hardly texted me and on Friday when i finally asked her she said she wants to slow things down and be casual as she feels pressurised by me. She insists that i havent messed up anything just guiding me through this.
I am not sure how to respond as i seriously like this girl. Should i stop texting her completely and wait for her response or text like twice a day not sure
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,030 • Replies: 17
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 07:24 pm
@harishananthan,
She's got me confused, too. She likes your messages, she doesn't like guys who don't text, and feels pressured. If you enjoy confusion, this the one for you.
harishananthan

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 07:36 pm
@roger,
thanks for the reply. what do you think i should do? very confusing
shawn77bird

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 08:07 pm
@harishananthan,
give her space because she's stuck in the past from other guys and not sure what she wants,you do you don't,move on.stop it,make her miss you,don't appear needy,clingy,slow your roll.after all 2 weeks too soon to put your heart into something that you is yet to know.she wants to keep it casual right now.e i can see your not the shallow guy but the girl is not looking for commitment so I guess you guys want different things.
If i were you, I would just casually see her and have bunch of fun with it.she doesnt want to go steady but still wants to hang out+fool around with u ;;she may be scared that you are that type of guy or just trying to use her
SO
make it clear that you're not that type of person and stay her friend, you never know what the future brings, if you are smart, you will keep things loose and casual with her ....Because if she doesn't feel pressured, she may get more serious about you later .....but take it slow for now..or you'll scare her off.ok she means she likes your company.here's an example pretend you are a blanket even if you were her favorite blanket she is not going to carry you every where ,she is only going to need you for bed ...get it ...hello ...your her man toy ....your lucky
roger

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 09:37 pm
@harishananthan,
From the outside, looking in, I would say to find another object for your attention. It just wouldn't work for me. I never expect advice to be followed, but you might take a fresh look at the situation.
0 Replies

harishananthan

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 09:49 pm
@shawn77bird,
Thank you appreciate your help. but moving forward should i be the one initiating to meet... or should i just wait for her to ask me out?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 10:09 pm
@harishananthan,
harishananthan wrote:

Thank you appreciate your help. but moving forward should i be the one initiating to meet... or should i just wait for her to ask me out?
that depends upon what she wants, and you not us is the one who is supposed to know what the woman wants.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 02:39 am
@harishananthan,
What's wrong with:
- slowing down
- only sending as many texts as you receive (ie. back & forth...rather than you texting 80% of the time)
- doing things with your life rather than hanging on her every moment

I don't know that you are doing any of that, but any girl that says that to you - wants you to back off significantly (not completely). Surely that should be obvious. Let her come to you sometimes, yeah?
harishananthan

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 06:03 am
@vikorr,
so i did text her twice today and in the 2nd one i said let me know if you wanna hang out next week.. no pressure and she did not reply. I am pretty sure its over.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 09:19 am
@harishananthan,
harishananthan wrote:

so i did text her twice today

why did you do that?
0 Replies

Dano5083

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 04:04 pm
Best advice I ever recieved. When it comes to texting always no matter what follow the "receive one send one" rule. Never send a text unless she sent you one. If you were last to text don't send another one till she reaponds. That might be the problem here. You are texting too much.
harishananthan

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 01:40 am
@Dano5083,
that is a good advice. i did tell her that not knowing and being in this situation is something that i dont like to be . She responded by saying i am making this worse everyday and she wants her space. i then said OK. and she then replied back saying we are cool and she wants to be friends now as she is not sure and said i am a good man and she really enjoys my company. i think i have friendzoned myself but a NO for me is much better than not KNOWING.
0 Replies

Paulstev

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 07:35 am
That she's not really into you usually.
Or just using you as backup.

Or in the rare case she actually was hurt before and is kinda scared.

harishananthan

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 01:36 am
@Paulstev,
she was really into me for the 1st 2 weeks.. she told all her friends about me.. wanted to put FB posts saying she is with me... but i just cant understand what happened and she has changed completely. she is becoming extremely difficult to talk to now. I just liked her so much and i really want this to work. if i stopped texting her she would never text back and i know if i ask her out she is gonna say no. i guess its inevitable that shes gonna go away. i guess genuine relationships done exist.
vikorr

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 02:05 am
@harishananthan,
If she has become extremely difficult to talk to - that's a very obvious sign that she does not want to talk to you anymore. You aren't in a relationship after 1-2 weeks, and she owes you no explanation for changing her mind (ie forget understanding why she changed her mind - just move on).

There are plenty of other women out there. So do yourself a favour and start looking elsewhere.
harishananthan

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 01:43 am
@vikorr,
yeah i know .. but its very hard for me to accept or understand how can someone that was soooo into you change in a day. How can someone who says I am not looking for a hookup and that says this is great so great change.
I cant help but start thinking that there might be someone else or because I am not white like her she changed her mind... i can only think about her the whole day.
Plus me being alone in this country doesnt help either.. someone that shows some attachment to you one gets overly attached to them i guess
harishananthan

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 01:45 am
@harishananthan,
I did tell her that i understand you now because i have had time to think about it but its been more than a day now and she hasnt replied.. i know its over but still keep checking my phone for her reply.
Ragman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 01:42 pm
@harishananthan,
Quote:
i know its over but still keep checking my phone for her reply.

That's called having an obsession.
People ..especially young ones ...often can change their minds. Apparently, she has changed her mind.

Why not involve yourself with other things? There are plenty of others to socialize with ... or occupy your mind with other activities and focus on other matters.
0 Replies