Slept with friends brother who has a baby and girlfriend ..advice ?

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 09:37 am
Me and my best friends brother have been texting /talking for years now.
He made it clear he liked me but my friend ( his sister ) basically said it was going to happen and she hated the idea and our friendship would be over etc.
Anyway we continued to text,we talked about becoming a couple but then he backed away.
This is how it's been.
He split with his gf and she found out she was pregnant and they got back together ( our texting continued) he moved in with her the day after the baby was born.
When the baby was a month old he came to mine as friends but wasn't long before we were kissing.
We spent the day together.
It just felt so comfortable.He told me he would be really jealous when I meet someone and I should be in his family,he said his mum loves me.
Stupidly we got into bed and we just lay there for hours and just talked.
He asked me to lie in his arms and he just kept kissing my forehead and holding my hand.
He asked what I was looking for in a boyfriend and did I want kids.
He told me his future had to be with his son .
He started to cry saying he couldn't leave his son.
He asked me if I loved him and I said no ..he asked why I said I keep my guard up and he said with you my guard has to be over my heart.
We fell asleep.
The next day we ended up sleeping together.
Afterwards he checked his phone and I knew as soon as he seen his sons pic he felt guilty.
Anyway after that night we still exchanged texts but then he said it was a mistake and asked me not to text him again.
I'm so confused,I honestly believed he had feelings for me.
My best friend ( his sister ) told me he told her he doesn't love his gf anymore but can't leave and she says all he is doing is drinking himself crazy.
I'm confused.
I thought he cared,I feel guilty as well.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 626 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 09:44 am
@Confusedxxxx,
Leave him alone, he's got his life to work on figuring out.

And if you don't, be sure to use good birth control.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 09:58 am
@Confusedxxxx,
What are you confused about?

He's got a girlfriend and a baby. He fucked you.

He cheated on his girlfriend. What a loser.

Take a break and then find a guy who is actually free to have a girlfriend.

Really. Why did you think ******* someone who's a new father with someone else was any kind of smart idea?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 10:00 am
@ossobuco,
smart woman

ossobuco wrote:

Leave him alone, he's got his life to work on figuring out.

And if you don't, be sure to use good birth control.

Confused - pay attention to both of those points ^^
0 Replies

shawn77bird

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 07:56 pm
@Confusedxxxx,
be careful who you sleep around with.called respect,morals/he's playing you both back and forward,in and out,cake and eating it too.Just a Romantic Fling?I have heard that relationships are a subtle dance between two people, but I think that some take this sentiment way too far. There seems to be a rash of men who suddenly go from warm and inviting, wanting you and the relationship; to being "unsure," "confused," and otherwise distant, pushing you away.

Sound familiar? I thought so.The real kicker here, however, is not so much that they do it, but that we allow it. We are part of the problem (Gasp!). Men typically will take what they can get, and if they can get it without having to give back or otherwise alter their lives to make room for you and their needs, they will do that too. But this begs the question of just how they able to get so much while giving so little?

It's very frustrating to be in a relationship where it's one emotional roller coaster after another. One moment you are up, the next you are down. One moment all is right as rain and you think a corner has been turned, and then the next moment he tells you he doesn't know what he wants. Trouble is, he does know what he wants and also what he doesn't. If he wanted all of you, lock, stock and barrel, and was prepared to give as much as he took, he would have done so by now. Granted, there are exceptions to this rule, and sometimes the guy just needs a swift kick in the butt to get moving, but generally speaking, if you are busy giving to a fault and he is taking, giving more isn't going to change this pattern.As women we are doers … if we want something, we go for it. If we see a problem, we fix it, even if it means swallowing our pride or otherwise compromising in order to keep the peace. Typically, this would be an amazing quality if employed correctly. When employed incorrectly, say for a guy who cannot seem to decide if he is in or if he is out, it ends up setting up a pattern where he feels quite free to come and go as he pleases. If you are intent on giving, you feed his intent to take. If you allow him to waltz back in through the door after going M.I.A. again, you are inviting him to leave again.

You may not like the implication of your own involvement in this cycle, but it is true nonetheless.

You do not deserve someone who is around when it's convenient for him, or when he needs something. You do not deserve someone who suddenly goes M.I.A. when you start to address the imbalance or speak of evolution between you two. You deserve someone who is going to give, as consistently and ardently as you do. If he is not doing that, then trust me, employing the same methods is not going to garner you different results.

There are ways to work the situation. You can change it by implementing changes within yourself …Do not let him call your bluff! If he goes M.I.A. or otherwise develops a case of the "confused," do not draw a line in the sand saying you will not tolerate this, only to take a few steps back when he does it again, redraw the line and expect him to take you seriously this time. He won't, and rightfully so. If he can get away with this behavior without recourse, he will continue to do it.Do not be readily available to him all the time! This is especially true for when he decides to grace you with his presence after ripping the rug out from under you. You should not feel obligated to take his communication immediately. He should not be sitting back confidently feeling that you are still there, waiting, frantically waiting for his call or to show up. That arrogance and lack of genuine fear of losing you actually fuels his behavior.
0 Replies