Wierd dreams?

Linkat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:04 pm
Eoe - the elevator has plummeted downward out of control in my dreams too.

Oh man, portal that is hilarious.

Portal, I also have many dreams going back to my old neighborhood or home. Also, frequently finding "secret" rooms or stairways in either my current home or past apartments or homes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:12 pm
I hate when in my dream I know I am home or at someone familiars house but it doesn't look anything like it should or the people I know look nothing like I know they really look.

This happens to me all the time and I know where I am and who people are but nothing is right.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:53 pm
I occasionally have the same recurring nightmare, and have had this dream for as long as i can remember.

Me and my family (mom, dad, sister) are walking over an incredibly long pier. It's made entirely of those shabby wooden planks. I trail a bit, and suddenly the plank I stand upon breaks and I fall in the water, which is, by the way, sharkinfested.
I can see them come closer and closer, and I yell for help, but they don;t listen and just move on.
I usually wake up when I see the shark come at me with an open jaw.

Even now I get the shakes from this....
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:13 pm
najmelliw wrote:
I occasionally have the same recurring nightmare, and have had this dream for as long as i can remember.

Me and my family (mom, dad, sister) are walking over an incredibly long pier. It's made entirely of those shabby wooden planks. I trail a bit, and suddenly the plank I stand upon breaks and I fall in the water, which is, by the way, sharkinfested.
I can see them come closer and closer, and I yell for help, but they don;t listen and just move on.
I usually wake up when I see the shark come at me with an open jaw.

Even now I get the shakes from this....

were they getting a divorce?
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:30 pm
Nope. they're still happily married
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:41 am
Does anyone here think it's possible for dreams to maybe be a looking glass into the future? It gives evidence that seeing into the futre IS possible but you only need to be in the right mindset to do it. How many times have you heard someone say they had a dream and it turned out true? Maybe the dream state can take you into another dimension, what do you think?
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 08:59 am
Oh, yeah, anything is possible. It is said that we only use a small portion of our brains. People with certain developmental disabilities use a very different part of their brains than we do, I'm convinced, and we see all these 'behaviors" from them. I'm sure it's just a matter of them having access to some part of the mind that most of us don't. Dreams could be coming from some other part of the brain that we can't control and they may be visionary in some cases, or maybe even from another dimension. Who knows? It's not beyond the realm of possibility, because there's so much we don't know about the workings of the brain.
I had this other dream years ago that is still very vivid in some places... It was a nightmare based around the place I worked at the time. I don't remember most of the details, but near the end of the dream, I was trying to rescue children and carried a two year old boy, Piers, and we were going into this crawlspace underneath a building to hide from this horrible evil that was trying to get ahold of all the kids. As I opened the grate to the crawlspace, the face of a demon, or maybe Satan himself, was there. He started to threaten us in another language as he reached for us, and his voice was loud and echoing and infinetly evil, and there was nowhere to go to get away. I woke myself up (and my bedmate) by loudly and terrifyingly reciting the Lord's prayer. In the dream, it was like, there was nothing I could do physically to protect us, so I was praying loudly in part to drown out the evil voice and in part, maybe, to call on God for help.
I was still terrified when I woke up. It was so real. My boyfriend was frightened by my reaction.
That dream was even more frightening than the rape nightmare, and I still wonder where the heck either of them came from.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:03 am
That demon you witnessed in your dream could have been a real demon but it's form in your dream. Do you ever think about what you would have seen had you not recited the Lord's prayer over and over? Very scary stuff.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:18 am
I know. It still kind of scares me.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 09:56 am
Funny thing is, Carbon, I ofttimes get into a situation where I get the very strong feeling of deja vu, like I've been there before. That of course is an absurdity, but I still get the feeling.
Combine this with the fact that I have a hard time remembering my dreams, and it might very well prove your supposition, at least in my case.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 10:11 am
oh i completely agree. I get the feeling of deja vu very often, i know exactly what is going to happen as its going on, yet it feels as if i have no control over it. Also, another time i was sort of in a daze just sitting down, and I started day dreaming, but it was like i was looking into a future deja vu, i had the feeling of deja vu but i know that thing is yet to happen, it was very weird but exciting.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 10:32 am
Carbon - did you read my dream about the birth of my baby? It seems to fit your description unless it is coincidence. Normally I would say it is a coincidence, except for how I felt when I was pregnant. No one could convince me otherwise that I would have a daughter and that she would be born just as she appeared in my dream. But then again, I was pregnant and pregnant women can be very emotional and make no sense what so ever.

Hopefully many of other dreams will not come true.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 10:48 am
yes i did read that dream, sometimes dreams turn out to be true, i think there are different kinds of dreams. Some are what will happen, some are what we want to happen, some are what we dont want to happen, and some just are. Deja vu might even be something from the depths of our mind, the part of our brain we don't normally use, the psychic side.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2004 05:13 pm
I'm replying because I want this bumped to the top, more stories?
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2004 12:09 am
najmelliw: Your shark dreams are pretty straight to the point, meaning that you're close to whatever you're holding down in your unconscious. Some dreams are very complex symbolically, meaning a complex defense mechanism—neurosis—against what is trying to surface in the dream.

The water is the unconscious and falling in is getting close to what you're repressing. The sharks are the defense mechanisms. Your fear of what you're repressing causes the images of the sharks to appear, and it succeeds by waking you up.

I envy your lack of strong defense mechanisms. A good clinical psychologist could get you to the source of the nightmare in the snap of a finger, well maybe one session.

I have had similar dreams, but the sharks were replaced by crocodiles—not alligators, which wouldn't do the trick—on the surface of the water. I never even got close to being in the water in those dreams.

Good topic, Carbon. Welcome to A2K. You've started a lot of good threads.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 07:30 pm
Thanks for the encouragement, it helps to know theyre appreciated.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 07:30 pm
Thanks for the encouragement, it helps to know theyre appreciated.
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:09 am
My dreams (when I remember them) are always very vivid and surreal, and sometimes don't involve me at all. My oddest dream in the one in which I was observing an Irish myth that (as far as I can find) doesn't exist at all.
It's the story of a man fighting the Vikings who is ambushed and, after losing his sister and, (so he thinks) his wife, goes mad and, about to drown, promises his soul to whomever will allow him to see his wife again. An enchantress hears this, and lays a spell that allows him to see his wife, and defeat the Vikings, but only if he gives the crown to her when he wins. His wife, not dead, hears this, and trades herself so that her husband may fight the enchantress. years go by, and after winning the war but still not finding his wife, the man organizes a resistance to the mysterious woman to whom he gave the crown. After fighting his way to her palace, he gets to the enchantress' door and faces a horrific beast, who, after hours of combat, he slays, only to find that it was his wife, under the enchantress' curse. he bursts through the door and kills the enchantress. Then he kills himself, as he has lost his only love.

There is a longer (and better) version I wrote down the next morning, and if it weren't almost 2 pages long, I would post it. If you'd like to read the whole thing, let me know, I've thrown in prosaic language to give it a better narrative flow. Weird, right?
0 Replies