Wierd dreams?

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:45 am
I have had my share of wierd dreams but theyre always so hard to remember. I dont know how i get them but should they make sense to me? What have some of your weirdest dreams been, and how do they relate to your real life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,328 • Replies: 37
No top replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:03 am
I recently had a dream about my children's father, whom I haven't been with since 1989. He and I were in bed in his house, and my youngest (who, in the dream was the age he was when we left) kept interrupting. I looked in a bag for a box of tissues and found a hidden package of adult diapers! Then I got up to use the bathroom, and luckily the kids followed ne in there, because the bathroom started moving and I found that we were on a "house-train"! Also in the bathroom were cute miniature white cows. When the bathroom stopped "moving" the kids and I got out to find we were in a new neighborhood. The kids and I ran around looking for whichever house was their fathers (somehow it had detatched from the bathroom portion!) and when we found it, we went in to find their father with a blonde woman who appeared to be his wife. So we said our goodbyes and left.
Very, very weird!
I once had a brutal nightmare of rape. I could feel the gravel of the road scraping and burning my arms as I tried to struggle, and the pain and fear woke me up screaming.
It was so real that I am almost convinced it wasn't an ordinary dream, and that maybe I was dreaming something that was really happening at the time to some poor woman somewhere. it was absolutely horrifying.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:22 am
I suggest that following Suzy's example, we all post some weird dreams, and let others interperet, non-professionally of course. Maybe we'll all learn something by other people's perspectives.
0 Replies

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:44 am
So let's hear one of yours, you two!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 07:06 am
I have what I call "Spidermares". I am deathly and horrifyingly afraid of spiders.
In my dreams, I am sleeping and I wake up and there is a spider in bed with me (normal size) on the wall next to my face or in the covers. And I flip out. My husband literally has to grab me and hold me down so I don't kill him trying to get out of bed. I've hit him before, stepped on him when I jumped up and ran over him on the bed, screamed....I wake up as soon as I jump out of bed. He's gotten used to them as they happen at least 3-6 times a year and we've been together for 3.

I don't care what they represent. Once I have one, I have to be talked down and then I have to be held the rest of the night or I won't sleep. I am that scared. Terrifying.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 07:15 am
I have this recurring dream where I'm a spider. A really tired spider. I scurry around on my eight hairly legs looking for a nice comfortable place to sleep. I spot a bed. Crawling into the bed I prepare to sleep when all of a sudden I'm confronted by this crazy, screaming woman.

And then I wake up.... drenched in sweat.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 07:20 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I have this recurring dream where I'm a spider. A really tired spider. I scurry around on my eight hairly legs looking for a nice comfortable place to sleep. I spot a bed. Crawling into the bed I prepare to sleep when all of a sudden I'm confronted by this crazy, screaming woman.

And then I wake up.... drenched in sweat.

I'm glad you find humor in my terror.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 07:24 am
I'm glad you're glad that I find humor in your terror.

We're all happy.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 08:12 am
I had a dream last night that I was a rock star with only one fan, whose boyfriend was in prison. Pretty depressing really.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:50 am
srange dream
I used to have this recurring dream that really makes no sense at all. It starts out where my point of view is the front of a golf ball, as if the ball has a camera inside it and im peering out. Then, all that happens is the ball start accelerating forward and up very fast. It seems as if it's inside a dome or something but whatever this place is it appears to get larger. And I get smaller. The worst part of this dream is the high pitched ringing noise I would get in my ears and I cannot control it. I hated that dream because it was so annoying.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:54 am
falling away
I also have had another recurring dream. This one may have happened to other people, I'm not sure. But I would be running for some reason and the ground would be falling from under my feet. So I couldn't very well stop running or I would fall, so I had to keep running. But the strange part is, I knew that I was having this recurring dream again and I would try and control it with my mind or willpower or whatever. So I would attempt to make the ground stop crumbling beneath my feet with my mind but all I ever did was slow it down part of the time. It usually ended with me waking up.
Have you ever tried controlling a dream with your mind, if so, is it even possible? I would think it's possible because the dream is in your mind so you should be able to change it if you know how, what do you think?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:56 am
It's called lucid dreaming. People are able to control what is going on in the dream and stop or change something unpleasant. I don't think a lot of people can do it and I have no idea how but the fact that you are able to make a small change in your dream suggests to me that perhaps you are able to make bigger changes. Then again, that might just be part of your dream, that you are able to change your dream....does that make sense?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 10:04 am
I have recurring elevator dreams. And 'tornado(s) on the horizon' ones as well. I think they're pretty common. The elevator dream is one of dread because it scares me. I'm usually alone and altho' I know nothing bad will happen, the elevator always travels up, sometimes crashing through the roof, still, I'm frightened and don't want to get into the elevator but I have to, there's no other way to get to wherever it is that I need to go. I always get in. Maybe next time i'll try and control it and not get in. Wonder what will happen???
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 10:09 am
dying in dreams?
I have heard a rumor once or twice that if you are having a dream and you die in that dream, then you will die in real life. I am not sure this is entirely true but I don't know a whole lot about dreams. What do you think?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 10:11 am
Doubt it seriously.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:21 pm
I have extremely vivid and adventurous dreams. Often I am able to change the outcome of my dream like carbon has asked and kristie has defined. Many times I am some sort of FBI or CIA agent or similar. I frequently shoot guns and often run and dive and fight. Usually I am being chased and I fight back. Sometimes if I get caught, I can change my dream for a positive outcome for me.

The two most vivid dreams I have had are: While I was in the early stages of my first pregnancy, I had a dream of giving birth, I could feel the labor pains, the pushing, etc. The baby was born, a girl with lots of dark hair. I remember the feeling of joy in my dream - I had never felt joy like that before. Guess what that is exactly how my daughter was born to a "T". My second child, I had no dreams. The second vivid dream I had was being in a plane crash. Almost the opposite feeling. Once the plane crashed, I managed to crawl from the wreckage and start walking away, with smoke and chaos behind me. I had this complete feeling of disorientation as I stumbled away.

The most frightening dream I had. I was walking in a park with my oldest daughter. I would say she was about 3 or 4 in my dream. She was happily jumping around me and decided to run ahead. She ran over and down a hill. I could not see over the hill. I ran up the hill so I could see her and she was no where in sight. I still feel terrified whenever I think of that dream.

I have had recurring elevator dropping dreams and elevators going up and up crashing through the roof too. Sometimes the elevator goes sideways and flies. Sometimes there is a huge gap when going onto the elevator.
0 Replies

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:32 pm
"The most frightening dream I had. I was walking in a park with my oldest daughter. I would say she was about 3 or 4 in my dream. She was happily jumping around me and decided to run ahead. She ran over and down a hill. I could not see over the hill. I ran up the hill so I could see her and she was no where in sight. I still feel terrified whenever I think of that dream."
That is a scary one!
Boy we sure do have some crazy dreams Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:35 pm
Has your elevator ever traveled downward, Linkat?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:50 pm
Most of my dreams are elborate and incredibly strange, but I'll relate a simple one.

I never have sex dreams.

It's not that I don't want them, they just never come. So one night I met this beautiful guy with long blonde hair and big musles and we have a soap-opera romace with sunny fields and later he takes me to his bedroom. It has beautiful translucent drapes over the bed and I'm wearing a silky leg-baring nightgown. He lays me down onto the bed and strokes upward from my knee as he gets on top of me...

A giant red "Censored" sign appears obscuring us both from view for the next fifteen minutes of the dream. Then my alarm goes off.

Even my dreams censor me!
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 01:59 pm
I also get chapterbook dreams, where I'll have a dream series that occurs night after night, starting where it left off, or it will be the same dream or place or the next chapter months or even years after the initial one.

In one dream I had there was the mona lisa with 12 animals surrounding her head, and I had to pick one of them and it opened a portal. I stepped through and there was a landscape with old junk tires on one side of all the hills and old portrait busts covering the other side. I traveled through it for a long time, no one was there. There were pretty clouds and eventually I came back through the painting.

There was this part in my basement I was afraid of as a child, so I used to try to trick my sister into going back there - I told her there was treasure hidden behind the wall. I often have dreams of going back there, into that basement, and finding the treasure.

I also have a lot of scary dreams where people I love hurt me or get hurt. I hate those. When I was younger I got so many nightmares that I trained myself to pull my eyelids open to wake up during them. I found reading a pleasant book : ex. peanuts comic strips before bed helped a lot.

Also, sometimes I have dreams where people I only saw once, like people who passed me at the airport, show up.
0 Replies